Another NYT CFS/XMRV article

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by misskoji, Nov 11, 2009.

1. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm so happy this is being covered again!
  2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

miss, you linked to page two. Page one is here:

3. denis321

denis321 New Member

It's great they're continuing to give CFS so much coverage. Makes me wonder if someone high up on their staff has CFS or has family/ friends with CFS. Doesn't matter as long as they keep covering it well. Denise Grady and John Tuller seem to be the main reporters chasing this.

If anyone should break the story on the government's complacency/ disregard for this illness, I hope the NYT does. Not only because it is the most influential/ widely read paper in the US but also because I think we'd get a fair hearing from them.

I respect people's privacy because I am a private person myself but I'd like to see people like Spacee here who were seen by NIH, tested positive for a retrovirus, and never were informed about it get their story to the NYT. It would be best if they also were positive on the new XMRV test.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

thank you so much for posting - this is so good to see -

5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

it's another excellent article in a well known and respected newspaper with a lot of readers....yay!
  6. becc

becc New Member

Thanks for posting this article, misskoji. An excellent summary.

It's a nice change to see such short shrift being given to Reeves and the CDC, dismissing them simply with Annette Whittemore's comment that she blames them for the situation.
  7. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

When the NY Times reports, it doesn't matter what the CDC says;
    they confirm their stories forwards and backwards.

I only hope they have a Billion readers that see this.

Bless those they got so many emails and comments
    on their last article, they did this follow-up.

Way to go, guys...well, and mostly gals, right?

Spacee, if you're out there, call them up and ask for Mr. Grady
    and tell them your story!

8. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Misskoji,

Thank you so much for posting this. I keep sending out these links to my family. It's starting to feel like a little validation for us. (My family has always stood by me but the doctors have just been terrible.)

Thanks again,
  9. misskoji

misskoji Member

This is very exciting isn't it?! Sorry about the orignal link. Thanks for correcting it.

Someone over on Cort's board suggested that we try to keep the NYT interested. I think that's a great idea.

Doing what we can is simple. Next to the article is a link to email the article to your friends, families, ect. It will keep the article bumped up to the most emailed list and in turn will create more attention to it as readers will be curious to what's so good about it. You can email the article to 20 people at one time.

Also, anyone that is well enough to do so, please continue to send a quick thank you to those who are helping us and have helped us. They are our heros and not many are brave enough to step up for and with us. Check out my thread on Dr. Friedman please.

10. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Keep them interested by tipping them off to something new, a change, a new angle, etc.

I haven't seen anyone cover the CFSAC recommendation for new leadership.