Another observation...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kharismatik, Oct 13, 2007.

1. kharismatik

kharismatik New Member

So I thought I'd share.

I'm driving down the road, minding my own business. Window cracked a smidge, listening to "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John. A day not unlike any other day.

I get to a stoplight, and because it's what you do when stopped, I glance over and see a white pickup truck. Nothing unusual about that, except for the massive set of brown rubber testicles hanging just below the license plate. Now, I'd seen these monstrosities a few times before, usually on show cars at car shows and such, so they didn't shock me.

What shocked me was the license plate itself. It said, and I swear, I'm not kiddin' you, COONUTS. See, I'm not a racist person. Never was and never will be, but that kinda bothered me. I'm thinking, "What racist asswipe would do such a thing!?!"

So then the light turns green, I start to accelerate a little faster than normal to get a peek at this dumb bastard and... he's black. He's old, like seventy years old old. White grizzled hair, baseball cap, flannel shirt. Listening loudly to what might have been the Temptations, I couldn't tell. All in all, enjoying his drive not unlike the rest of us.

I swear I've never felt so odd about something before. Maybe coonuts is his last name and has nothing at all to do with the realistically veiny and wrinkled sac dangling in the breeze. Part of me felt bad about the immediate assumption and recognition of a racist term.

The world may never know. But I will say this, if I see him again you can be damned sure I'll ask him.

2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I don't know what to say about that story. I'm in a state of shock.

But, one thing I do know is that you, girlfriend, need a blog!

There are free blog hosts everywhere. Go now and set one up. Do it! Then, let me know where it is and I'll give you a stumble up! Seriously... BLOG!

3. kharismatik

kharismatik New Member

You know, I've often thought of starting one. But then, I think... who the heck is going to take time out of their busy schedule to stumble upon and then actually peruse my ramblings?

On the other hand, it would be a nice distraction. A useful hobby. Better than, say, robbing my local convienence store or knitting the world's longest sock.
  4. kharismatik

kharismatik New Member

googled 'cherry pepto covered fetid dog' or 'cankles.' Heh.