another ??? on my swollen lymph nodes please read..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi friends - I wrote a couple of weeks ago about a lymph node behind my ear. PC doc looked at it and did the whole "hmmmmmmm, ouch, hmmmmm" and looked so puzzled. "Yes that is a lymph node" - okay..... and she gave more more antibiotics and treated me for a sinus infection. I was not feeling liek she really knew what was going on.

Anyway, right now, have the flu and flaring and that "thing" behid my ear is like a marble again and right above that one is another "hump" they are almost ajoined - but bump right into each other. I am getting a little freaked out.

Can lymph nodes be that close together??? If you feel it, you run your hand over it and it starts to dip down then you go back over another "hump".

Any thoughts on this? SOrry so long - I am ofcourse foggy with feeling this bad.

HUgs
    Kim
  2. Callum

Callum New Member

On my left side, I have a "cluster" of nodes that initially freaked the doctors out. They alternately get hard, so it is pronounced even to the eye, and then soften. I had to have a dye cat scan of it, and then have it biopsied, only to be told that it was normal lymph tissue. My primary doctor thinks that they grew and clustered do to the repeat "infections" that the lymph system seems to respond to, and that is the only reason it seems abnormal to sight and touch.

Best of luck to you!

Callum
  3. shell

shell New Member

Yes they can be very close, like a cluster of grapes... I haven't had one there yet, but everywhere else... right now some serious ones in my groin area. Your doctor has probably already told you to not feel on them... I caused mine to stay swollen quite a while when I first was getting them (under my arms). So give them a month or so to go down - especially since you are sick... but if they stay swollen go back to the doc and have them checked out!!
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Callum - yes, you have set my mind at ease - Thank you. Do you think I should just wait to see if they go down after I start feeling better? I won't hold you to it... just your opinion.

Mine are very hard too & visible without having to touch them.
    Thanks
    Kim
  5. Callum

Callum New Member

If you have the flu now, I would definitely wait. If the hardness doesn't go down after a week or two after recovery, you should mention it to your doctor so he can monitor it; or, if he prefers, to test. The tests are fairly painless, and it would only assist in putting your mind at ease.

You CAN have a growth on your node, but the size typically does not ebb and flow in this situation.

Best,

Callum
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Shell - sorry we must have been typing at the same time. Thank you for the advice & yes I will keep off of them.

Thank yo uagain Callum.
    Take care friends... feel a little better about it after hearing from you.

HUgs
    Kim
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Prickles... I feel a sort of dull ache on that side and feel and realize that is where the lumps are. If I press they hurt too. I will have to keep my hands off of them. They are no fun.

Sorry you have this too. I will let you know what the doc says when I finally see the "good" one about these.

I will give it some time for this flu/flare to go away.
    Hugs
    Kim