Another painful experience

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kwbess2, Mar 10, 2007.

1. kwbess2

kwbess2 New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro 4 years ago, I have aquired a new pain! Both shoulders. Feels like bursitis, but it is in both shoulders! It is very painful to "flap" my arms like a chicken, not that I do that often, and when I lie down my shoulders ache and it is very painful to change positions at night. Anyone ever have this????
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I think it is fairly common with FMS.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I entered the CFS/FM world with CFS, and have now added the FM elements. When I am flaring, or maybe it's mostly when I'm herxing, trying to sleep pain-free is impossible. I feel like someone has beaten me up on my shoulders and arms and hands.
  4. misskittycat01

misskittycat01 New Member

my shoulders hurt so much you would not believe! its right on the outside; the deltoids side and its a large painful lump-- or I should say its a large lumpy area. Sometimes it hurts all the way down to my elbows.. I had a grandbaby snap a pic of my arms and I could not believe what they look like.... At night it is so painful to to lie on either side. I cant stay on my back too long because I had back surgery with hardware in place and so that rules out lying on my stomache... I have wondered if anyone else suffers with their shoulders like that.. oh yes! I forgot... I use lidoderm patches and they do help. but they go on for 12 hrs and off 12 hrs... sometims i put them on at night so I can sleep
  5. California31

California31 New Member

Came on suddenly....new to me too.
  6. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Unfortunatley, this is Fibromyalgia.

It really SUCKS big time!!!

10 years for me and still counting.

There are not many places on my body that I do not have PAIN.

Eileen
  7. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

YEs Kwbess...for me it hurts around the rimb of my sholder and then it feels like my upper arm is swelling.
  8. bkayclark

bkayclark New Member

Yes I have both shoulders, elbows, knees, the points in the chest and both hips 24 hours a day 7 days a week for over 7 years now. I don't get much sleep because of it. Very painful. We are going to try a memory foam mattress, they say that may help take the pressure off the points of pain.
  9. blkkat

blkkat New Member

IM SORRY YOU HURT! YES MY 19 Y OLD AND I HAVE SEVERE ARM /SHOULDER PAIN. LIGHTLY RUB THAT AREA EACH DAY HELPS PLUS TRY RUBBING ( SOUNDS WEIRD AND WHY IN THIS SPOT) ABOVE COLLAR BONE ON THE SIDE THAT HURTS WORST OR BOTH SIDES. I FIND THIS LOOSENS EVERYTHING UP ALITTLE ,SEEMS TO HELP ME AND SON. (WARNING ,DO LIGHTLY CAN CAUSE BAD MIGRAINE.) GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  10. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

It feels like my shoulders have been pinned down to the bed. Both during the night and especially when I awake. It goes away pretty quickly though..once I shower.
  11. kwbess2

kwbess2 New Member

This doesn't go away, I have it all day and all night. I can't sleep on my sides because of it and on my back I have to support my shoulders so they don't hang lower than my neck to sleep. Nothing helps.