Another post about sleep problems...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Oct 14, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I have been on Lunesta since last December. Now all of a sudden it's not working that well. I seem to be in the mildly awake stage all night except for the first few hours of sleep.
    This has been going on for the last 4 days. I hope it starts working as quickly as it stopped.
    I have read that Xyrem works well for sleep and fm symptoms. How many have tried this med???
  2. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

Yep, after many years on Ambien 5 and then 10mg, I was finally given Lunesta 3 mg for sleep. It started out fine as I would sleep maybe 6 hours straight. The Ambien had started out that way but finally I only slept 1-2 hours and felt even more fatigued from the short naps than not sleeping at all. However, now the Lunesta is doing the same thing or not kicking in at all. I finally gave up and only take them in dire need and that means going several days in a row with absolutely no sleep. What was that old saying? No rest for the weary. Well I guess I am one of the weary.
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I slept well last night, but what happens when I run out.
    Other people combine flexeril or some other muscle relaxant with sleep aids. I definately need a doctor appointment.
    I'll have to post if I am going to get a response about xyrem or other sleep aids.
    Thanks for responding.
    LOL, Nanna
  4. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

I'm still trying to avoid them right now, but I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in 15 days now. It takes me at least 2 hours, sometimes 4 to fall asleep. And then I wake up 3 or 4 hours later. I go back to sleep and wake up another 3 or 4 hours, about an hour or two before I have to actually wake up. I've also been having a lot of disturbing dreams that have become like soap operas in my head at night. I'll have a series of dreams, one right after the other, that's really weird.
  5. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I haven't been able to fill the prescription yet because she wrote the rx fo 10 mg and it only comes in 6.5 mg and 12.5 mg- I'll get it on Monday. I'll let you know.
  6. marmayer

marmayer Member

I`ve been on xyrem for 10 months now and believe that this has really turned my health around. It`s slow going to increse the dose and it does take some getting used to. I feel so much better on it--less fatigue,less fog, and now no pain! If you can get it I highly recommend it. Good Luck,

Marmar

[ advertisement ]