another prayer request ... urgent

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by JannyW, Sep 26, 2003.

1. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I had a call from my brother this evening ... he had been trying to reach me on my mobile phone (temporarily disconnected) all week. My 82-yr-old mother is in the hospital with lung cancer. She is a Hodgkins survivor of many years and is one of the strongest women I know. I have watched her get more & more frail over the last 2 years.

Over the last several months, my relationship with my mother has basically gone down the toilet ... we fight all the time, and I end up feeling like a child (I'm 52). I need to clear things up with my mother soon ... they don't give her much time.

Please pray that I will know God's timing as to when I should go (she is still very weak). They are hoping to have her home soon, and she will undergoing radiation therapy. And pray again for our finances and for travelling mercies.

I don't think I've ever felt so small and afraid.

Jan ^v^
  2. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I will also pray for your mother.
    Lisa
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Jan,

Dear Lord, I pray that you hear all the prayers from this worship board and the ones from Jan. Lay down your healing hands and give peace,comfort, and strength to all involved.
    Give Jan the strength and her mother to talk and work things out in their relationship. In Jesus name, amen.

Danny
  4. JannyW

JannyW New Member

... for your prayers. I am waiting to hear from my brother, but am planning to drive up to D.C. on Tuesday or Wednesday. It will depend on how my mom feels, whether she will let me stay in her house & use her car (my partner will drive me up & return home later in the week).

I feel like I'm sleep-walking and all of this is not happening.

Jan
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Offering prayers for you and your mother.

Blessings,
    Sandyz
  6. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

I am a newbie here. I will pray for you and your mom that God will provide perfect timing and opportunity for the two of you to reconcile.

Margie
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so sorry to hear this news, will keep you and your Mom and your other requests in prayer.

God's blessings and strength go with you.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

You will know when the time is right!
    You and your Mom are in my prayers!
    Love
    Doxygirl
  9. sare12

sare12 New Member

...sent your way Jan.I pray that you will know the right time to go and see your mum and that you will able to re kindle your relationship together.I pray also for your finances at this time and that God will help for travelling mercies. Many hugs and love sent your way Jan,I pray that you will know the comfort,love and peace of God at this very difficult time.Love in Christ,
    Sare xxxx
  10. JannyW

JannyW New Member

Mom is weak, but trying to fight. She started chemo on Weds, and will have radiation every day, Monday thru Friday.

We came back home to the beach last nite so I could get some clothes together & get all of my meds; I will drive back to MD tomorrow morning and am planning on being there all of next week and beyond, if necessary.

I was able to talk with Mom, and I feel that we have settled our little disputes ... they became so insignificant! She wants me there to "take care" of her; I think only a daughter can do that for a mom ... no matter the differences in the past there is that bond.

Thanks to all for your continued prayers. They mean so much to all of us.

Jan ^v^

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I lost my own Mother just over a year ago and miss her every day. Even if your relationship has been strained, I know you will want to see your Mom and cement the love you have for one another. I have you all in my prayers as I know this is a very difficult time for all of you. Whenever you go, it will be the right time and will benefit both of you more than you can know now. Bless you.

Love, Mikie
  12. JannyW

JannyW New Member

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back on this board ... the last 2 weeks are pretty much a blur.

Mom passed away just after 5am on October 6th. My youngest brother was with her. I was able to see her on Sunday afternoon, and I believe that she knew me; but she was in horrible pain and struggling to breathe.

Thanks to all who have been praying for us; now we need prayers for release and healing.

Jan ^v^
  13. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

MY HEART FELT PRAYERS GOE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AT THIS YOUR TIME OF NEED.

MY CONDOLENCES ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

MAKE GOD BE WITH YOU AND HELP YOU THROUGH THIS TIME OF SADNESS.

KELLEY
  14. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

MY HEART FELT PRAYERS GOE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AT THIS YOUR TIME OF NEED.

MY CONDOLENCES ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

MAKE GOD BE WITH YOU AND HELP YOU THROUGH THIS TIME OF SADNESS.

KELLEY
  15. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My deepest sympathys to you. It is so hard to lose a parent. I`m glad you got to see her before she passed. I`m sure having you and your brother there before she died comforted her and gave her peace.

Praying that God will comfort you in your grief.

hugs,
    Sandyz
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2003]