ANOTHER QUESTION - ANOTHER PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I don't know if this is FMS-related or not. I have a very "full" feeling in my belly-area. I don't know if it's FMS causing the muscles to feel funny, or if it's GYN-related. I called my GYN dr. and she said I should have a urine test tomorrow. If that's normal, she may order an ultrasound. I've had this before but never found out what it was. I just had a GYN physical and everything was okay. Do any of you women get this funny feeling? Thanks.
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I don't know if this is FMS-related or not. I have a very "full" feeling in my belly-area. I don't know if it's FMS causing the muscles to feel funny, or if it's GYN-related. I called my GYN dr. and she said I should have a urine test tomorrow. If that's normal, she may order an ultrasound. I've had this before but never found out what it was. I just had a GYN physical and everything was okay. Do any of you women get this funny feeling? Thanks.
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

That's what's so tricky about these DDs--they mimic so many things.

Are you having other digestive problems. (Gas, bloating, nausea, diarrhea, constipation?) If so, you're regular doctor should be able to help with that.

If no, I get that from endometriosis. This can only be dx'd from a laparoscopy (I've had 3 or 4). Some signs of this to look for would be heavy cramping during cycle, heavy bleeding, pain during (mine is more after) intercourse. Your ob/gyn would be best to help dx that. When my endo is really bad, I've had daily pelvic pain.

Hope this helps. You can look in the library under IBS or check out endo.org or www.endometriosisassn.org to see how your symptoms match up. (Can't recall, one of the endo sites might be pd membership for info, the other is not)

Let us know how you're doing. Michele
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Have you had your ovaries checked??? If not, consider this..
    Be well,
    Kady
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I also have that full,heavy feeling at times....but I always blamed it on the IBS or my endometriosis that michelle mentioned.I'm not aware of that being a symptom of FM but I really don't know.Are you maybe nearing meno?or even your monthly?I always have gotten this feeling around the time of my period.
    Have your dr.check it out and keep us posted.I know its an uncomfortable feeling.Good luck,and I would try some heat maybe on your belly-its always soothed me.
    best of luck,
    Tracey