Another root canal

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckm, Jan 16, 2010.

1. ckm

ckm New Member

I just had to have another root canal yesterday. I called last week to make an appt. to finish the root canal I had started in October and then got C-diff from being on the antibiotics. My tooth started hurting have having hot sensitive 2 days ago and I didn't know if it was the same tooth or not. Sure enough it wasn't, was the tooth in front of it.

Now my fibro is flaring like crazy!!! I've had 3 root canals in about the last 5 months!

Sorry, just whining, I know you guys understand.

Hugs, ckm
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I feel your pain. My teeth are in terrible shape.
    After much research(on here)I refused to get another one and told dentist to pull the teeth.

It is basically a dead thing in your mouth and oftened leads to chronic abcesses. Afriend just had all her teeth pulled after years of misery and a lot of money. When they pulled a tooth sure enough it had a big abcess on the end,she had just paid a 1,000.00 for root canal and cap.

Personally I dont care what the dentist say-Im going false.

hope u feel better
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I had alot of dental work in the last few years. But I had a few teeth just plain pulled. I thought one was giving me a chronic ear ache and had it yanked. It helped, but I still get the ear pain once in awhile. Had one tooth filled and always feel they drill way too deep. I won't be able to afford a root canal on that one and will no doubt have to get it yanked in a few years if I'm still alive then.

I find the shots they give with the dental work flare me up for months and months. I had the muscle flutters/spasms for a very long time after that. I don't trust any of the fillings they use. I think it's all toxic.
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

My dentist could not get me to numb. After 12 shots I told him to just pull the tooth, without.

Found out its the ephenrine(?) in the shots! After that asked him to not use it in injections. The only thing is the shot wears off faster.

It worked and I didnt get sick from shots after. We take twice as long to heal.

hope this helps
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Are you aware that once you pull your teeth, over time your gums will shrink. Once that happens, it is very hard to get dentures to fit properly and that is when it becomes very hard to eat a lot of different foods. Unless you have the money to purchase dental implants, you might want to do some research first before having your teeth removed.
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

That maybe what he used. I should ck. thanks. Didnt mean to take over your thread!
    It is a pain(pun intended) to have anything done. Never known how you will react.

Have researched pulling teeth and at this point,half are missing the rest are in terrible shape. Can hardly eat now. Figure it cant be worse. Funny thing is dentist tell you the horror stories( plus whats 20,ooo to fix upits in his pocket) ,but people Ive talked too that have them say do it. My mom got hers 45 yrs ago and has never had a problem or replaced them!

actually think theres a post on chitchat about to denture or not.
    Its scary.
  7. jole

jole Member

My teeth have deteriorated horribly since these DDs. In the past 5 years I've had 5 teeth pulled and probably 10's not worth it to me anymore. The dentist wants to make a upper and lower partial plate with teeth on both sides.....he said it can be added to over time to make a complete denture set that will be sturdier than most dentures.

IF that's true, I'm going to do that. If not, I too will get them all pulled. With only two left on one side (lower) and none on the other, it's really hard to eat, plus 4 missing from the top now. I hate to smile anymore..I'm very self-conscious about it. Yes, I do worry about getting an improper fit, but I too can't think it would be that much worse than what I'm going through right now.

Good luck to you...I hope things go well, and you find your answer as to whether you should go for another root canal now. Only one of my two worked that I had done...sigh...

Love ya...........Jole