Another Song Game! Celestial Songs

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Apr 28, 2014.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I thought it might be fun to see how many songs we could come up with that mention anything to do with the sky.
    Like Sun/Sunshine, Moon/Moonlight, Clouds, Sky, Stars, Planets, etc. (Even Rain, Sleet and Snow).

Here's a start: "Blue skies smiling at me, nothing but blue skies do I see, bluebirds singing their song nothing but bluebirds all day long......."

"Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow"

"Beyond The Blue Horizon"

"You Are The Sunshine of My Life"
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Soul* likes this.
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are :D

Starry starry night, paint your colors blue and grey.... They played this in the van Gogh museum somewhere in a distant past, maybe they still do.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey.

Sun is shining in the sky, there ain't a cloud in sight, it stopped raining, everybody is in a play, and don't you know, it's a beautiful new day, hey hey hey. Mr Blue skyyyyyyy.

I'll stop here for now to give others a chance :p

Oh and thank you gb, for being so wonderful in hosting all these creative lovely games, it's a joy and a pleasure and a real support in feeling light and happy which is the best supplement anyone can take for improving wellbeing ;)
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    rockgor likes this.
  3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Soul, Thank you so much for your kind words. You all will never know how much you mean to me. This board has made a huge difference in my life. Bless you all. GB
    rockgor and Soul* like this.
  4. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Gb, the of topic chitchat boards and the homebound bedbound board are the most helpfull to me too. It is so good to simply focus on something NOT health related instead of constantly trying to be well which actually constantly reminds us of being ill instead.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hey! Great idea, GB. Soul is right. You deserve a gold star!

It's such a pretty world today. Look at the sunshine. (Wynn Stewart, the 60s.)

I'm Singing in the Rain. Somewhere, over the rainbow.

The stars at night are big and bright. Deep in the Heart of Texas.

When you wish upon a Star. Twinkle, twinkle little star.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
    But the fire is so delightful,
    And since we've no place to go,
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Rainbows are gettin' back in style
    There's sunshine everywhere and I'm learning how to smile
    The only time it rains is to cool things for a while
    But since I met you, I can't forget you; the rainbows are back in style.

O Holy Night. The stars are brightly shining.

Rock
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Since the weather in my area is so bad tonight, I'm thinking of stormy songs.

"Stormy Weather"
    "April Showers"
    "Stars Fell on Alabama"
    "Singing in the Rain" (Not)

We just had an hour long tornado warning. Headed for the basement for awhile. Now, we're having severe thunder storm warnings till the early am. Pray for all in the path of these storms.

Thanks Rock for the gold star! :) Hey, that's another celestial reference! GB
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  7. rockgor

Hi GB

Haven't thought of "April Showers" for a long time. Used to be gal in the grade ahead of me
    who did a wonderful impersonation of Al Jolson singing same.

Here's a real celestial song. In the opera Aida the tenor starts the proceedings with his big
    aria "Celeste Aida" (Heavenly Aida). And in the opera La Gioconda the tenor sings "Cielo
    e mar". Sky and Sea.

And here's one suggested by Gordon. Deep Purple; the lyrics refer to stars, sky and moonlight.

There's a great Christmas song that seldom gets recorded called "Star of the East". And in
    "The Music Man" Marian the librarian sings "The stars are shinning their brightest light,
    so Good Night, My Someone, good night."

Hope the sky in your neighborhood has calmed down.

Rock
  8. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I always thought Deep Purple was a pretty song. So mellow.

"Deep in the Heart of Texas"... The stars at night , are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas,...

"There's a Rainbow Round My Shoulder and a sky of blue above...."

"How Deep is the Ocean" How high is the sky.....

"Rainy Days and Mondays" always get me down....

"When You Wish Upon a Star", Makes no difference who you are anything your heart desires will come to you.....
  9. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

sitting on the dock of a bay watching the tide roll away.... sitting on the dock of a bay, waisting time .... tudu du dudu
  10. rockgor

Hi Soul

I think the tide is a celestial topic. After all, it's caused by the moon. LOL

Lottsa moon songs. Blue Moon. Turn on Your Light, Mr. Moonman.
    Roll Along Prairie Moon. When the Moon Comes over the Mountain.

My Sweetheart's the Man in the Moon. Blue Moon. Moonlight and Roses.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  11. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

"By the light of the silvery moon, I want to spoon, to my honey I'll croon loves tune."

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars, Let me see what life is like on Jupiter or Mars......"

"Dawn's promising skies, petals on a pool, drifting, imagine these in one pair of eyes, and this is my beloved".... (Beautiful song)

"It Had to be Moonglow ......." It's from Picnic. GB
  12. rockgor

Hey, Kids

Gordon asked if anybody has posted "Stardust". And now somebody has.

Here's one I remember hearing when I was a wee lad. "It was only a paper moon,
    sailing over a cardboard sea. But it wouldn't be make believe, if you believed in me."

Written by Harold Arlen who also wrote Over the Rainbow, Stormy Weather, and Come
    Rain or Come Shine. Judy Garland's favorite song writer.

And here's a song that one of my boyhood heroes used to sing. You're the Only Star
    in my Blue Heaven. Recorded by Gene Autry who also recorded another celestial song:
    Frosty the Snowman.

Can't think of songs without remembering the time and events associated with them.

Rock
  13. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Rock, I always associate songs with events in my life too.

"The sky was blue and high above, the moon was new and so was love, and while i'm waiting here this heart of mine is saying lover come back to me.

"Come Josephine in my flying machine going up she goes, up she goes, .... In the air she goes, there she goes, up, up a little bit
    higher, oh my, the moon is on fire...." (Another of my Grandmas songs).

"Just Molly and me, and baby make three, we're happy in 'My Blue Heaven'. "

"Heavenly shades of night are falling, it's twilight time."

"Catch a Falling Star and put it in you pocket save it for a rainy day, catch a falling star and put it in your pocket never let it fade away."

"You Are My Lucky Star" from Singing in the Rain, sung by Debbie Reynolds.
  14. rockgor

Hi Kids

Here is a song from the 60s. The Sandpipers also made a nice recording of this one.

Now when the sun says good-day to the mountains,
    And the night says hello to the dawn.
    I'm alone with my dreams on the hilltop.
    And I can still hear his voice though he's gone.

You got a batch of great songs in your previous post, GB. Perry Como's "Catch
    a Falling Star" was one of my favorites. I think "Find a Wheel, and it goes round,
    round, round as it skims along with a happy sound" was about the same time.

Rock
  15. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Oooh thanks for that stardust refference Rock, reminded me of David Bowie akka Ziggy Stardus who has some celestial songs too.

There's starman waiting in the sky, he knows.... and he lets you wonder why.... something something.....

Groundcontrol to mayor Tom ... engines on.... This is groundcontrol to mayor you really made the dayhayhay hay... and the stars look very different today hayhay and here am I floating in my tin can farrrrr above the world, planet earth is blue and there's nothing I can do....
  16. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Soul, You're singing to us again. I like that! :)

I haven't heard of that song about the mayor. What's the title of it?

Rock, Have you ever heard that song "Come Josephine in my Flying Machine" ? It's one Mama sang a lot. We used to watch Perry Como every week on tv, one of our favorite shows. Also Andy Williams. I wish we still had programs like that.
    GB
  17. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

gb if I remember correctly the title is space odicy... something like that. It's about an astronaut that gets lost in space and can't return.
  18. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Here's more: "Written on the Wind" A faithless lover's kiss is written on the wind, a night of stolen bliss is written on the wind. Though you are gone from me, we never can really be apart, what's written on the wind, is written in my heart.

I remember Written on the Wind from the movie of the same name. Robert Stack and Dorothy Malone were in it. It was a beautiful melody.

"Sunshine on my Shoulders" by John Denver.

"Buffalo Gal" Buffalo gal won't you come out tonight and dance by the light of the moon.

"Since You've Gone" Since you've gone, the sun the moon the stars in the sky, know the reason why I cry. Love devine once was mine, now you've gone. Ferlin Husky
  19. windblade

windblade Active Member

"Here comes the sun, doo doo doo doo
    Here comes the sun and I say, It's alright." The Beatles

And name of group "Bill Haley and the Comets"

Great idea for a theme, GB.
    Soul* likes this.
  20. windblade

windblade Active Member

" Sunrise doesn't last all morning,
    A cloudburst doesn't last all day"
    -George Harrison, 'All Things Must Pass'