Another SSD Denial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by j9miller, Dec 5, 2002.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I got turned down at the Appeals Council level. Not surprised but still angry. I must now file a civil action with the US District Court in Florida. I will now FINALLY get an attorney. I should have gotten one sooner but live and learn. I will NOT give up though because I paid into the system, I am unable to work and deserve my money ... as little as it will be. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I face yet another hurdle with this DD.

Janine
  2. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I got turned down at the Appeals Council level. Not surprised but still angry. I must now file a civil action with the US District Court in Florida. I will now FINALLY get an attorney. I should have gotten one sooner but live and learn. I will NOT give up though because I paid into the system, I am unable to work and deserve my money ... as little as it will be. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I face yet another hurdle with this DD.

Janine
  3. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

I am so, so sorry that you are being put through this!
    It took me 2 years to get mine. It was awful!
    Do not give up! That's what they want you to do! After my first denial I hired attorney Scott Davis who posts on this internet site. He's in Arizona but takes cases anywhere in the US, and gets paid only if you win!

Good Luck!
  4. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Well Im still new to all of this so I am listening very close and what I have gather so far it's best to get an attorney up front. Does anyone know of a good one in Missouri. I want one that can hunt bear bare handed, someone that can kick the doors in and blow the foam off the kegs while they are still on the trucks. I haven't got the time to wait around for all the B/S. I have a family to care for and I've spent the last three days filling out paper for the SSD, the VA and my last company. I'm going after all three of them, I have been paying into them all for a heck of a long time.
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

My attorney makes house calls. He has quite a drive to get here, too. That's one of the reasons I chose him, but the main was that he has a great track record for winning cases of people with CFS.

Barbara