Another stupid Newbie question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by llama, Oct 6, 2006.

1. llama

llama New Member

I've just finally got the nerve up (and energy) to start posting on this wonderful board.

I have for now at least one question, after you have replied to a post do you need to do anything about the "edit or delete" options? Do they go away or am I not even posting correctly??

Wouldn't be the first time I needed someone to take me by the hand and say "Oh my you really are confused honey!"
  2. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I see your thread, welcome. You only use the delete or edit if you wish to remove your post or add something (that is me from fibrofog). So ask away.
  3. llama

llama New Member

Seems like that darn Fibro Fog will have you second guessing your every move! I am forever repeating in my head what I just said to see if it made sense or not.

Thanks again..........Jill
  4. llama

llama New Member

I must admit I've been a "lurker" not a stalker for at least the last 6 months. I feel like I all ready know so many of you. I'm proud that I finally got the nerve up to start posting.

I've read many of your posts and know that you seem to have a particularly rough time of it Wakemeup. Happy to at last be able to let you know that I'm concerned and at times saddened by the challenges that you and others are going through.

Thanks......hope I can fit into this wonderful family!

Jill
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here who can share experience, strength and hope.

Do you know Ogden Nash's llama verse?

6. llama

llama New Member

Hi, thanks for welcoming me. Please enlighten me regarding the llama verse. Maybe after I've been around awhile I'll let you in on why I picked my strange name of llama.....don't hold your breath it really isn't that interesting of a story!!

Thanks again.........Jill
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]
  7. rockgor

Ogden Nash was America's most famous writer of humerous verse. He lived in the first 3/4 of the 20th century.

Don't remember if there is a title, but the verse goes like this.

A one "L" lama,
    that's a priest.
    A two "L" llama,
    that's a beast.

And I will bet a silk pajama,
    There isn't any three "L" lama.

If you like that, you can find lots more on the internet.
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Welcome Jill!! Relax and make yourself at home!!
    We will look forward to getting to know you!
    Hugs!
    Dona

PS>> Rockgar.. where do you come up with this stuff? You really have an interesting mind.. : )
  9. rockgor

I didn't come up w/ it. Old Ogden did. He was a minor genius.

Richard Armour was very good too.

We need a few of these light-hearted posts now and then, doncha think?
  10. findmind

findmind New Member

Welcome, and don't ever hesitate to post or reply! When we have read some of our own past posts, we just about fall on the floor laughing or die of embarassment at what or how we said something!

Its all ok here; spelling, grammar, we all just do our best and the rest understand it.

Do you know to put your own screenname in the search box and select by title and content, and if your name is mentioned anywhere, it will find it?

Of course, if oh, so literate Rockgor is quoting poets, we may all find ourselves inadvertently!

Have a good time here....and know we care if you have any questions!

findmind

11. llama

llama New Member

Thanks so kindly for your reply and especially the helpful hint about putting your username in the topic section.

I was kinda wondering how everybody keeps track of all these posts going back and forth!

Thanks again......Jill
  12. llama

llama New Member

Thanks so much for your warm welcome! I've been wanting to join this nice family but sometimes either I felt too shy or more than likely too fatigued (my worst problem).

I look forward to getting to know you and all the good people on this board.

Jill