another symptom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilivy, Jan 8, 2005.

1. lilivy

lilivy New Member

Does anyone suffer from dry mouth. Mine is like a cotton mouth all the time, no matter how much I drink , my thirst is never quenched. I fdind myself taking a mouthful of water n leaving it in my mouth just to moisten it. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do for this.
  2. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Me too. I figure it is from one of the meds of supplements I'm on. I am always thirsty too.
  3. lilivy

lilivy New Member

I didn't see u in your pic!!.. I am 1/5 indian, but don/'t know what one. I don't take meds so have no idea why i am so dry. Must b just the fm.
  4. lilivy

lilivy New Member

it must b just the fm, guess my eyes r dry too.
  5. lilivy

lilivy New Member

is there a name for that mouth wash, do you need a script for it? thanks for your input
  6. lilivy

lilivy New Member

I got some of that mouth wash yesterday. Haven't used it long enough to see how well its gonna work yet. I see they have biotene toothpaste too, may give that a try too. This board sure is a wealth of information isn't it.
  7. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

I have been dxd with Fibro. And the Rheumy says I may have SJS, but he hasn't tested me for it. I have very dry mouth and throat and I think my eyes may be dry too since they get irritated and feel like I have sand in my eyes sometimes. I also have a dry, stuffy nose and sometimes it's hard to blow my nose and sometimes it bleeds when I do. I also am having a problem with my ears. They sometimes feel like something is in my ear (like a feather) and there is intense itching. I've had the family doctor look in my ears and he says they look fine. I also have joint and muscle pain and osteoarthritis, especially in my back shoulders, neck and feet and hands. The Rheumy has done lots of lab work on me, testing me for Lupus (since my daughter has it). But all my lab work always comes back normal. One of my grandmothers had RA and the other one had SJS. He has told me that he would have to take me off of all my meds to get an accurate test. And he says he really doesn't want to do that because he doesn't think it's a good idea, because I have so much trouble keeping my fibro under control. He also says he would hate to have to put me on the meds for SJS along with all I am already on. I already take Effexor XR, Mobic, Flexeril, Keppra (I also have Epilepsy), and WelChol for high cholesterol. My question is, shouldn't we find out for sure? And I know I've read several places that some Fibro patients have trouble with dry mouth, throat and eyes. How do you know if your problem is SJS or just because of your Fibromyalgia? What other tests can be done besides all the tests for ANA and other antibodies?