Another Thing About The Phone and Fibro/CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SweetT, Jul 17, 2006.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I hate it when I call people and they say they'll call me back later. Though it seems unfair to only be able to talk to people when you feel up to it, it's hard to get family and friends to understand that when I call them, I can only talk for that moment, for that's when I've mustered up energy or designated as my break time. An hour later (or even 15 minutes later), I might be too tired to talk. They'll often say they'll call me back for minor reasons, like watching a tv program {which really irks me because if I'm watching a special program on tv, I don't answer my phone}. These people have answering machines or voicemail----------I don't understand why they bother to answer the phone if they are busy.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It is hard to get people to understand this DD.

If I were you and they said they'd call you back, I'd say something like, "Sorry, that doesn't work for me. I was having a good moment and wanted to share that time with you."

Maybe then they'll learn not to blow you off when you call.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  3. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I forgot to put that in my post----------the people who leave those messages accusing you of sitting right there and just not picking up the phone. I could be in the shower, trying to us the warmth to take away my pain, or just too darned tired or in too much pain to be able to keep up a conversation. I briefly tried answering the phone but trying to explain to people that I'm too tired to show emotion with what they're saying, but it doesn't mean I'm bored, but people take it that you are not interested in what they're saying. They don't realize that it's labored speech and it's a struggle just to talk.