Another vaginal yeast infection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlw, Dec 11, 2002.

1. mlw

mlw New Member

I now have another vaginal yeast infection! I am so sick of them. I have eliminated all sugar from my diet, I have been on Difulcan on and off for 4 months. However, I keep getting these yeast infections. When will they ever go away!!! I also take this over the counter pill called CANDEX which is basically enzymes to break down the walls of these beasties critters.

MLW
  2. mlw

mlw New Member

I now have another vaginal yeast infection! I am so sick of them. I have eliminated all sugar from my diet, I have been on Difulcan on and off for 4 months. However, I keep getting these yeast infections. When will they ever go away!!! I also take this over the counter pill called CANDEX which is basically enzymes to break down the walls of these beasties critters.

MLW
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Probiotics will help keep the balance between the good and bad bacteria in the intestines which should help with this. Colloidal silver is an antifungal which really works.

The zapper is a little more radical approach, but it eliminated the fungus on my toenails (a common problem here in Florida). The zapper uses electrical current to destroy pathogens in the body.

Love, Mikie
  4. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I read that filling the fingers of a surgical glove with plain yogurt, freezing them and inserting 1 or 2 daily can help. Sounds squishy. Also, plain vinegar douches often help me. Please be cautious with Diflucan. I use it too, but it's hard on the liver. Still, isn't it a godsend?
    My PCP said sometimes you need to take it for a week at a time. BonBon

[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2002]
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Probiotics were a very good suggestion mentioned to you---and you may want to look into berberine, in conjunction with that. Berberine has demonstrated significant antimicrobial activity against bacteria, fungi, protozoans, viruses, helminths and chlamydia. I haven't had a vaginal yeast infection, uti infection, or oral yeast infection/thrush, since taking it.
    Karen
  6. mlw

mlw New Member

Yes - I take probiotics, yes - I am on an anti-yeast diet. I have completely elminated sugar in my meals. Yes - I was taking berberine, plus olive leaf extract, plus Candex and slew of other herbs. I am just frustated with this problem which has only occurred during the past year. I attribute it to CFIDS and HHV6.

MLW
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Wow...sounds like you have been doing all the beneficial things! Maybe it's time for a swab, and identification, then a culture to see what treatment is best used and not resistant. You havent been taking an antibiotics?
    Karen
  8. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

So sorry to hear about your frustrations. Before I got on Sporanox, I was taking natural antifungals, following a candida diet, taking probiotics, etc. I still had the damn infections. The ONLY thing that got rid of them FOR GOOD was a homeopathic remedy from Nature's Sunshine..its called "Candida." Some health food stores sell this brand, or you can order it from their website. I gave a bottle fo a friend of mine, and like me, she was shocked by the quick results. I have never had another yeast infection and that was over a year ago, but my friend has. The problem is that she did nothing else to solve her problem...no antifungals, no candida diet, etc. She told me she keeps it on hand now, and usually gets rid of it in about 3 days. If you aren't using a condom for sex, its possible that could be the problem. A couple of reasons for this: he could have the yeast and be passing it back to you and/or the pH of the semen could be encouraging the yeast to grow.

Good luck,
    Annette
  9. mlw

mlw New Member

I looked up the ingredients of this product called "Candida" and it is mostly natural herbs and Candida Yeast Extract. I guess I could try as I have nothing to lose. My hubby uses a condom so I don't attribute it to that. I think it might be the yeast that is still in the intestines. As you all know, CFID affects everything and it has affected my gut. I was worse off a year ago when I really suffered from an intestinal virus. I still have Klebsiella, and I will get checked again with Great Smokies in early Jan/Feb. I want to make sure my yeast levels have gone down and no bacterium is found in the gut. My gyno prescribed a special anti-yeast vaginal cream that I have to use for 7 nights. I hope it will clear up. I am just frustrated as I never in my life suffered from yeast infections until I got CFID in 2000. Anyway, thanks for all of your support.
    MLW
  10. jeridoreen

jeridoreen New Member

I eat 2 sugar free fat free yogurts a day to keep the beast away. I have had it so bad that I have placed ice cubes up there to freeze it. Used the cream and diflucan..I prefer the diflucan. If I cheat on sugars I pay with yeast infection and it is contagious in more ways then you might think. If you touch yourself and then not wash your hand and touch someone around the mouth, they can get thrust. Men can get jock itch from you.

Also antibodics can cause it...Bubble bathes and certain soaps...Even certain panties if they hold the moisture in..A good helper is to go without panties some at home to let yourself eliminate moisture.

Jeri
  11. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

and very gross solution which works for me (won't make any guarantees for anyone else, however)...but I have battled vaginal yeast infections for years...tried numerous prescription remedies to no avail....and finally "took the plunge." I use plain yogurt (yes, vaginally, gross as it sounds) and no more problems for me. hope it works for you, if you are brave enough to try it...
    Peace and Love,
    Stormy
  12. genevieve

genevieve New Member

Hi,

You sound to be doing all the right things, sorry you are having such bother with it, I read recently that MSM sulphur is a good anit-yeast product ( as well as it,s other benefits) as it causes the yeast cells to rupture.

Hope you get it sorted out soon,

Genevieve
  13. vloga

vloga New Member

Hi mlw.

I have this; had this; have this. For years and years :(

I can't say what it did for my life; tried everything. Getting rid of bubble bath etc; trying anti-yeast preparations;; cutting out yeast in food; cutting down/out on sugars.

Nothing helped. After about 7 years I found that whenever I absorbed anything like milk, butter, cream or anything with lactose, whey or milk proteins in, things got worse. Really hard to cut them out (eg no more tinned soup, peanuts too).

And it worked ! Yes, total milk intolerance. I now know immediately I've eaten something bad because all my orifices start to dribble profusely, and then to run.

My doctor told me that, if I need to eat anything I'm allergic to, I should overdose with a large helping or two, or three. So when I feel the need for chocolate, and it gets really bad, I give in and pig out. I know I'll feel bad for a couple of days, and maybe the vagina will drip for a week, but it's the only way I can cope with it.

Could it be you have milk/lactose intolerance rather than a yeast infection ?

Vloga