Another VIsit to th ER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CHefPaula1965, Aug 24, 2006.

1. CHefPaula1965

CHefPaula1965 New Member

I am sorry I have not been around in a few days.. I have been not too well
    I took Mon and Tue off to feel better......... and went back to work on Wed (yesterday)
    By 1030 I was not feeling myself at all............ my whole left side was aching........ and my brain was dead..my boss called 911 who sent out an abulance...
    I could not even answer easy questions like what is your zip code.. and I could not
    Well................ I went again............. this time by ambulance.............
    This er doc was a lot better......... she came and assessed me........ then she had labs drawn
    and ran a ct scan.. they were concernd that I might have had a stroke because of the weakness
    and the slow speach and confusion!!
    CT scan came out good, lab work was normal ............ Why was I not supprized???
    Any how.......... this was the problem
    1) another flare up for the pai
    2) the confusion was due to the Flexeril I was given over the week end..... apparently it built up
    in my system and I had an adverse reaction...........
    The ER doc called my PCP and he asked to see me as soon as I was released from the ER (he is in the same hospital)............
    He took me in his office (along with DH) and talked to me about what we need to do...
    1) discontinue the Flexeril!!
    2) take a leave from work..................... the only type of leave we have at work is UNPAID!!
    He wanted me to take 3 weeks.............
    He told me (in front of DH who thinks that fibromyalgia is a catch all) that I need to take my Fibro seriously... I need to take it easy so we can stop the spiraling... when he asked what started the week end problem and I told him it was from climbing a steep set of stairs.. he looked at me and said "come on, you know better than that Paula"......... boy did DH wake up!!
    Any way I am now on a medical leave (with no pay) until Sept 11 !!!
    Wish me luck as I budget this month!!
    Thanks for listening my friends
    Paula
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I don't know where you are, but in the US after three days you can file for temporary disability payments.

If you will be off three weeks have your doctor sign the disabilty papers and send them in.
  3. CHefPaula1965

CHefPaula1965 New Member

Thank you so much for your encouraging words and the tip on getting temporary disability...........
    I will definately call SSI in the moring!!
    Thanks All,
    Paula
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

of your bad reaction to Flexeril...hopefully you can try something else. I hope the call to SSI helps your financial situation and that your husband remembers what the doc said! Love, Terri
  5. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

By law you are entitled to FMLA. Please google that and read about it. It is the Family Medical Leave Act.