answer to shopping hell

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by j9miller, Mar 4, 2003.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Publix, a grocery store chain in my area, just started with shopping online. It is WONDERFUL. For a $7.95 fee someone shops for you, bags it, delivers it, carries it inside to your kitchen (they even put hospital booties on as not to drag in dirt) and they cannot take tips. Everything I have ordered has been better than the stores themselves. The meat, seafood, produce, deli and bakery. They have a warehouse with all of the above departments as well as a whole "store". Not driving anymore and being in so much pain, I go online as long as I can, shop, save the list if I get tired and finish shopping later. Then "bam" it is delivered when I need it. You can also use coupons that are applied to your next order. Awesome thing this is.

Janine
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is great! We have Publix stores here and I love them. Thanks for letting us know that this is available in some areas.

Love, Mikie
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

We don't have Publix where I live, but I'm glad to know this exists for some folks!! What a great idea----many of us wouldn't necessarily need to avail themselves of this service all the time, but how wonderful to know it's there in times of a huge flare when you just can't get out of bed or the house.

Great idea, thanks for sharing it----hope it catches on all over!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Peace7

Peace7 New Member

In one of the suburbs (sorry can't remember which one)
    is a volunteer shopping service - Store to Door

contact them at 651 642-1892.
  5. PAT

PAT New Member

This is one of the many ideas that I thought of years ago, and would often say, "It will be so nice when some grocery chains finally start delivering to the customers who are home bound."
    I have so many great ideas, that eventually some person with more ambition acts on!
    Anyway, I think it's wonderful! I would like to see more stores offer this without it having to be online though. There are so many elderly who don't have computer. I have often thought that when all of my kids are in school, that this is something that I could do for the elderly in my area. Just get their list, and go for them.
    Our local Shop n Save does have employees who will go take the list from the elderly customer and go through the store while the customer sits and waits at the front of the store. I think that's great too.
    So many good idea out there...
    Patti G