Answering a post -

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All,

Here is a humble request: When the author of a post answers those people who have responded, it would be helpful if they would make a reference , even if only generally, to more than one of the respondents.

I've noticed that lately, some people only answer one person in a list of people who have responded, and it goes back and forth, as a two-way conversation, totally ignoring the other respondents. It's like they make a friend or two and only speak to those friends.

It's that way on many posts - the same two or three people talking, and ignoring every other response on the thread, even if questions are asked.

I know they don't mean it, but it can be construed as a snub of the others. A simple "Thanks, all", or "Interesting comments", or some such thing, would be great.

Thanks,
    Hugs,
    Terry

[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/10/2007]
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I really try hard to say "Thanks to all" or Thanks for the replies" I think that way everyone feels like you appreciate everyone instead of just one or two replies....This is a good topic. I know that no one does this on purpose but I do agree that it probably sometimes hurts feeling....Hopefully ALL will read your post.....Luv to all .......thanks Mick!!
  3. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

4. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

thanks for the heads up!
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Terry - I have seen this happening frequently and agree a simple thanks to all who responded is reasonable.

Great Post!

Hugs,
    Carolin
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2007]
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Thanks for your positive responses. I was a little cautious about posting this, but now I'm really glad I did.

Peace,
    Terry
  7. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

That is a very good idea I am probably one is has been guitly of doing that no meaning too.

but I now what you mean becuse I have kinda felt that way at times but I do understand that its hard sometimes.

But I well pay more attention to that
    Thank you for bringing it to our attenetion.

Puffy
  8. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Bumping to front page.

Hugs To All,
    Carolin
  9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

10. mebonlybecky

mebonlybecky New Member

To Terry and to All.
    Sorry if i have done this, I have not been on the board very long, and still learning my way around. I am going to try to figure out how you all said that you can look up your user name to find a respond instead of looking back at all the ones you have went on. would make it alot easier.
    Again, I am sorry if I have done something like this. And if I have over looked someone response and just pointed out one with my thank you, i sure did not mean to!!!
    I really have enjoyed reading that others on here have the same problems or ideas that might help me.
    Thanks everyone!
    Becky
  11. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

thanks for the reminder terry!
    becky--welcome to the board, if you click on your name to the left of the post (in purple) it will show a list of your posts and responses, then you can click on them to see. again--welcome, but sorry you have to be here!--L
  12. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Please let me change the topic just a bit here, not much but a tad.

I think we as members should treat each new topic as somewhat precious. We may not can respond and help, or we might give it a try (to help). It is almost impossible for me to respond to all topics, because I am so slow.

The originator of the topic should feel honored that anyone, or someone has attempted to help them by responding.

They "give birth" to the thread and should therefore nurse it to it's natural end.

This would all happen in a perfect world I guess :)

Peace to all,

Andy
  13. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi all,

I like this topic and appreciate the tips I've read.

Andy -- I agree wholeheartedly with your views on starting a new thread (and your gentle way of wording it). I have wondered if anybody knows if there are any guidelines by the message board regarding this.

The message board has so many topics and can sometimes move so fast. I at times feel somewhat frustrated that important threads and posts are getting bumped from active participation before their time.

Starting threads strikes me as a privilege that should be used carefully and judiciously.

Andy, thanks for bringing this up.

Regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 04/29/2007]
  14. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have posted on this subject many times. Sometimes it takes a long time to research and post a reponse. Then I come back and the person received 10 other responses and no reply at all.

I am not looking for a thank you - just posting to acknowledge they read it.

I have often posted and the person never responds again - so you don't know if they even read it.

Nothing personal, but it seems a common courtesy to let us know they even read the responses.

If someone does not understand how to get back to their post to check for responses, it is easy. Just search your own name at the top and open all your current posts and look for responses.

One response like "thanks everyone" tells us they read it.

It is tedious to name everyone, but I agree,to just specifically post a thank you to one person can come across as a snub.

I always felt like (if possible) you should give back support when you take it here.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]
  15. clerty

clerty New Member

I try to reply to folks who take the time to answer but I might be guilty of not responding to everyone so I usually say thanks to all as it would take all day to answer all of them so hopefully I have not snubbed anyone !!

Clertyx
  16. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for your comments and for taking the time to write them.

I'm really glad I posted this, now.

Peace,
    Terry
  17. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I've tried to include a thanks to everyone,but in the cases when I didn't PLEASE FORGIVE,"charge it to my head not my heart".Much love and respect to ALL my new family.