Answers to Sixties Music Trivia Quiz.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, Apr 8, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

1. Question: Which of the following groups/musicians had the hit "House of the Rising Sun"?
    Answer: The Animals

2. Question: Who fired Jimi Hendrix from his band in 1965 for missing the bus?
    Answer: Little Richard

3. Question: Who wrote the song "Respect" for Aretha Franklin?
    Answer: Otis Redding

4. Question: In October 1969, a rumor, caused by "clues" on Beatle album covers, spread across the world that Paul McCartney was dead. How did the rumor claim he had died?
    Answer: Car accident

5. Question: Which of the following was one of The Byrds' hits?
    Answer: "Mr. Tambourine Man"

6. Question: Jim Morrison's idea for the name The Doors was inspired by the quote, "If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear as it is, infinite." Who wrote this?
    Answer: William Blake

7. Question: What were the first names of The Everley Brothers, creators of "Bird Dog" and "That'll Be the Day"?
    Answer: Don and Phil

8. Question: Which of the following groups was recording their first album at Abbey Road at the same time The Beatles were recording Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band?
    Answer: Pink Floyd

9. Question: Which of the following was one of The Temptations' hits?
    Answer: "The Way You Do the Things You Do"

10. Question: Who had the hit "Get It On"?
    Answer: T-Rex

[<i>This Message was Edited on 04/09/2009</i>]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2009]
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I forgot that I need to keep this post close to the quiz. However, now it will be posted before the quiz since this will bump it, however then I could bump up the quiz.....

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

this post doesn't need to be kept close to the quiz. Think of it as two games in one:

Music quiz plus Hide the Thimble.

Maybe next time you could put the answers in the same post. Tell people to wear a blindfold
    until they've completed the test.

Or, let's see, do the test in one room and keep the answers in...

Never mind!