ANTBIOTICS ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 101247, Jul 2, 2003.

1. 101247

101247 New Member

Hi guys ,Al here.
    I've just completed a seven day course of antibiotics[erythromycin]and for the last three nights i've slept like the proverbial log,not only that but i feel almost human ,all my pains seem to have lessened,has any one else experienced this?.
    I just can't believe how well i feel.
    the downside[and isn't there always one.]is that i have finished the course and i'm dreading the c**p returning.
    AL.
  2. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

Hi AL,

I'm seeing my doc on Monday and am taking a whole pile of literature with me with regarding antibiotic therapy and CFS/FM.

Check out the website Road Back Foundation for more information,,,,,it seems to be working for many people and makes alot of sense to me.

Best of luck. Tulip
  3. raccoonmom

raccoonmom New Member

Sorry Al, but you're right about the downside or at least I had one. I felt so muc;h better after taking a course of pills, didn't matter much what kind. Then I would start feeling sick again and take another course, and another... I felt like I kept being reinfected and just couldn't shake the infection or whatever it was. I did that for about a year and "it" finally went away. Do you have allergies? I started taking Allegra and a lot of those symptoms cleared up; like feeling feverish and unable to sleep and just tired and sick. Not many doctors will keep letting you take antibiotics long term. Maybe this one course will take care of your "bug". Good luck, enjoy the rest while you can get it!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It will bring up all the posts on this. Also do one on mycoplasmas. You may well have a stealth chronic infection which would require months, if not years, of antibiotic treatment.

Love, Mikie
  5. mewa

mewa New Member

HELLO. I would like to tell you that when I was put on Doxycycline for a "flue" I felt great. My FM was gone for the 10 days I was on it. Couldn't figure it out until I printed out and read a report a site which explained that Doxycycline may reverse the disease process, in the early stages. It is one of the tetracycline antibiotics, but it is not bactericidal - it is bacteriostatic!!!!! IT STOPS THE GROWTH OF THE MYCOPLASMA. And if the mycoplasma growth can be stopped for long enough, then the Immune System takes over.

Doxycycline treatment is discussed in a paper by mycoplasma expert Professor Garth Nicholson, PhD, of the Institute for Molecular Medicine. (all this info in is the 10 page report on this website--

(Edited to remove URL).

Good Luck. Hope to hear what you and others think of this report. It also gives a Doctor to sent to for blood tests for people with FM, CFS, and other.

Regards. Muriell In Canada