**Anti-inflammatories** I need your help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

My doc perscribed the generic form of Lodine KL (Etodolac). It is a nonsteroidal-anit-inflammatory. I'm nervous about taking it. We are going to Disney Land this weekend and I'm hoping it will help me survive.

What have been your experiences?

Did it make you tired or sick?

Do you have to take it every day like Neurontin or is it ok to take it as needed?

Does it take a while to build up in your system?

Would you recommend taking it in the morning or at night?

Thank you for your input.

Sofi

P.s. I edited this twice hoping the title might get someone's attention. Thanks for your time.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2006]
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Could really use your input. Please...
  4. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

Sofi,
    I've taken it for 3 years and had no problems. It's a NSAID so you may have stomach upset if you're prone to that, but I have nothing. Take with food if you're worried. It is like a strong tylenol. Stays in your system for a very short time. You don't need to take it over time, just take as needed. You may find a regular dose works better for you, but try the as needed first. Check your prescription. It will tell you how often you can take it.

Lodine works best for me out af all the NSAIDs I have tried. Strong enough to do something, but doesn't hurt me in the stomach. Hope it works for you!

Abbycat
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

But I've been on what is called Arthrotec and found that has helped me a lot with pain. I only take it after dinner and I have to get the two meds separately due to my insurance company. It has Diclofenac and Cytotec (to protect the stomach). The Diclofenac is a NSAID.

I've been on this since it came out and had no problems at all. I take mine every day after dinner. Supposed to take it twice a day, but I don't eat breakfast or lunch.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. gladone

gladone New Member

have been on it now for 3-4 yrs. with no problems. I take it twice a day, and find that I don't have any stomach upset.

My doc say's this is one of the best anti-inflammatory's on the market (in his oppinion of course).

Since you have not taken the med before, I would advise that you start ASAP so that it is in your system. We FM/CFS folks know all to well that once the pain starts you can never really catch up.

Good luck at Disney Land try to stay cool and enjoy yourself,

Gladone

7. place

place New Member

I went through so many anti- and nothing worked until I found lodine. Before I got my DX, it was my saving grace! I only take it once a day (400mg) in the morning. I have taken it for 2 years without any problems!

If I know I have over done it, I will take a second one at night for a couple days until my flare is gone. It greatly reduces the time of my flares.
  8. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Thank you all so much! I really appreciated you sharing your experiences with me.

I started it a few days ago and haven't had any bad side effects so far which is unusual for me so I'm pleased.

I haven't really noticed a great reduction in pain though. I'm going to give it some time before I decide it's not working.

We are enjoying Disney Land but I'm about done for. My feet are in a lot of pain. Luckily I can rest in the hotel and swim in the pool. That has helped a bit.

Talk to you when I get back. Thanks again!

Sofi