anti inflammatories???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by asvyper, Mar 23, 2006.

1. asvyper

asvyper New Member

my doc just put me on naproxen and i'm hesitant to take it. with the possible stomach bleeding and the nsaids in general, i think i'd rather stay away from them.

i've been taking a high dose of omega 3's but not much imporvement with my fibro and inflammation.

what are some suggested anti inflammatories that are ok to take long term and are supposedly safe?
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I use Prohealth's "ProEnzyme P", it's the same as Wobenzyme, an expensive namebrand version patented by a doctor in Germany. I have a friend who has arthritis, and they work gangbusters on her arthritic inflammation. She only uses one a day too (I use 3 or more though and it doesn't work quite as good for me). her arthritis was fairly severe, you can see all the redness still, but the swelling is gone. She was relieved to find something that worked better than ibuprofen and was safe.

The enzymes work for me for IBS, diarrhea bloat and to stop diarrhea trots, on PMS, any kind of bloating and muscle inflammation I get. I also use them for digestion sometimes. for inflammation I take them between meals. They give minor painkilling even better if I take w/ aloe vera juice.

I think FM is inflammatory, just not in the same way as arthritis. My SED rates are normal on testing, but doctors have observed migratory inflammation in my body many times. It get it in my back, tailbone, and all over the abdomen.

Most of us have IBS, PMS, and painful bloating periods. If those aren't major inflammations then I don't know what is. Does inflammation not count if it's anywhere in our gut or pelvis?

Jeanne