Antibiotic Protocal (Minnocycline)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FM2004, May 4, 2006.

1. FM2004

FM2004 New Member

Any one tried the AP and if so what was your results. I am about 3 months into it. My husband says I am better, but I am still tired.
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I'm sorry but you lost me on the AP.....what are you talking about? I know its not the Associated Press!

Jar
    P.S I reread your topic which antibiotic protocol are you talking about?[This Message was Edited on 05/04/2006]
  3. FM2004

FM2004 New Member

I am taking antibiotic for mycoplasm. There is a theory that FM suffers have mycoplasm and that is what is causing all the pain and suffering.
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I do know of a doctor that use to post here that caught mycoplasma from one of ther patients. She recovered with the Marshall Protocol and back working full time.

The first abx used in the MP is minocycline.

Jar
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I took Doxcycline for 2 1/2 years for the mycoplasma infections which triggered my illnesses back in late 1990. If one has been ill a very long time with a chronic bacterial infection, it can take years for the ABX to rid the body of it. Dr. Nicolson's protocol calls for six months on ABX and then trying to stay off of it for two weeks every six weeks. If one cannot tolerate the two weeks, one goes back on the ABX and tries in another six weeks.

It was a long time before I could stay off the ABX for two full weeks but over time, I was able to stay off longer and longer until I no longer needed it. I still keep the Doxy around because there could be stragglers even now and if I get sick, I cannot afford to let them start to take over again.

Could you tell us about the AP? Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  6. FM2004

FM2004 New Member

I took one month of minocycline and then I started on IV cleosin. Took 5 days x 2 week, then 2 days x2 weeks, then 1 day x 2 weeks and am now on 1 x every other week.

I am also to hydrogen peroxide bath after treatment. I feel that this helps.

I want to be well so badly. I continue to search for a solution. Thanks for responding to my reply.
  7. place

place New Member

is the bath just to clean the outside of you?
  8. FM2004

FM2004 New Member

Hydrogen Peroxide and epsom salt bath is suppose to help open the pores of your skin to help get the toxins out.