Antibiotic Resistance HELP!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nleer, Aug 4, 2009.

1. nleer

nleer Member

I have had chronic bronchitis, and chronic sinusitis for a long time. My Doctor tries different antibiotics so I don't get resistance. I do have combined variable immune disease and cortisol insuff. I have to infuse with gamma globulin once weekly. But I cannot get rid of any upper respiratory infection even with antibiotics. I am staying off of antibiotics even with infection so I don't become resistent, I am not running a fever. What antivirals can I take that might help cut down on viruses.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

If you are interested in natural stuff, colloidal silver is is antibiotic/antiviral/antifungal and doesn't have side effects (except if taken in extremely large amounts, it can give a blueish tinge to the skin, but that is only if one takes way, way more than you are supposed to)

another thing to try - it helped me when I was getting constant sinus infections -is high doses of vit C....I went thru tons of antibiotics and none worked, the dr was talking about surgery, my mom kept telling me to try the vit c, and at the time I was not into natural remedies, and did not think it would work, but decided to give it a try before resorting to the surgery....and it worked
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

nleer - here is a post I just wrote to heaps reel which might help you:

I haven't used proboost, but I have been taking Thymex by Standard Process for about 2 months now, and it is giving my immune system a boost. Its main ingredient is bovine thymus Cytosol extract, and is quite a bit cheaper than the proboost. The proboost may be a better product but I can't afford it.

I haven't had any blood work done, but prior to taking the Thymex I had almost constant upper respiratory tract or sinus infections of various kinds, and I do mean constant. I just could not get over them. My immune system is still on the weak side, but I'd say it's 65% better. I still get sick too much, but it is not all the time like before - what a relief!

You can buy Standard Process products on-line, and many chiropractors carry it also. I got mine from a chiropractor who tested my thymus gland using muscle testing, and it tested weak. Overall I have gotten excellent results from muscle testing when done by a competent practitioner.

4. nleer

nleer Member

Thanks to everyone! Those are great recommendations, and I am familiar with all.

5. spacee

spacee Member

Has your doc cultured your infection? The reason why I say this is my son has Fungal Sinusitis so bad it was showing up in his bloodwork as toxic granules (or something like that). They did treat it with prednisone, a strong antibiotic but what has helped the most is the nasal saline washes.

A friend who had been on a lot of antibiotics for sinus did develop the fungus candida and the antifungal med helped her alot. The younger doc were thinking she still has the regular sinus infection, plus sore throat, etc but an older doc suspected the fungus and treated.

Just a thought,

Blessings to you!

6. thecatswhiskers

thecatswhiskers New Member

Virastop (Enzymedica) and Coriolus (a mushroom extract, also called 'turkey tail')

Good luck, hope you resolve the situation :eek:)
  7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

nleer..have you been tested for reactivated viruses and mycoplasma? or lyme?
  8. wrthster

wrthster New Member

This is the best two herbs I know for sinusits. I have common variable immune deficiency to. The first is Eucolyptus. There is only one company that makes it in herb capsules in the US and not the essential oil. Excellent company: I think it can help.

The second herb you can get at any vitamin place is elderberry extract. Best of luck to you.