Antibiotic "Therapy" Wiping Me Out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Apr 8, 2003.

1. seans

seans New Member

I've been taking ABX, namely Doxycylene, for about 6 weeks now and I'm REALLY, REALLY TIRED. I'm noticing a significant increase in my post-exertional malaise. I am literally able to do less now than before I was on the doxy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Thanks.
  2. seans

seans New Member

Hi. Thanks for your response. I'm on the Doxy for mycoplasma. This is a very nasty bacteria indeed! I think I will have to be on them for a year, and possibly longer.

I'm desperately (I seem to be having to use that word more and more) hoping things will even out a bit.

Talk to ya.

Sean
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

but you need to talk to Jelly or Mikie..I am using Olive Leaf Extract, and I herx on that with much increased fatigue, besides other symptoms..I don't know how much doxycyline you are on, but may need to decrease to a level in which the herxs are not so bad..Jelly has decreased her level..
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm no expert at this,but I did try the same antibiotic therapy for awhile.(the doxy)I only did mine on monday,wednesday&fridays and still got the same increased fatigue,flu like symptoms,etc.... This reaction is totally normal.However just to lessen the severity of the flare or herx,ya might wanna lessen your dose somewhat.(Everyone needs to adjust the therapy to their own bodys response~ Tweeking is what we call it~)I'd suggest lessoning the dose just so your not overcome by the herxing!!!I know it can be hellish!!been there,done that!! Believe me,the epsom salt and peroxide hot baths help alot too while herxing.its suppose to open your pores to let die off toxins escape thru the tissue~ All I know is it does help with the muscle aches alot!! I hope to give the antibiotic a try again sometime soon.I'm trying to get some gut issues under control first~ best of luck....hope I helped some~
    regards,
    Tracey
  5. seans

seans New Member

Thanks for all the responses. I'm seeing my doc tomorrow and I'll bring up the issues.
    Thanks.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Madwolf is right. I do celebrate each Herx as I know it means the Doxy is working. I am tired all the time right now, but the Red Tide is still here and showing no sign of letting up and I feel like my allergies are bad too. I had a cold sore which always signals that I am worn down.

My bad Herxing usually is only like a 24-hr flu, but it is pretty severe including a burning in my torso, flu-like aches and pains, a feeling of being sick, and diarrhea. I'm glad it doesn't last long. As time goes on, the Herxes have been less and less severe. Next month, I go off them again to see what will happen this time.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]