antibiotics and yeast

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sslaird, Apr 16, 2006.

1. sslaird

sslaird New Member

i have just been diagnosed with 4 parasites, 4 bacteria, 3 viruses, 2 fungus, and 5 heavy metals. i have cfs. am taking antibiotic for 1 of the parasites and am scheduled to start another for other parasites. does anyone know how to control yeast when taking large amounts of antibiotics over an extended period of time?
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

garlic and/or pau d'arco. Start with one for about a week and then add the other one. I take garlic every day of my life. I had a terrible problem with yeast and this has really helped.

do a search on yeast on this site and you'll get lots more good info.

Linda
  3. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

Acidophilus is good to take when using antibiotics. You can get it at most health food stores. They are also awesome at treating yeast infections (vagnial), you can insert the capsules (I use 2, about 3 times a day until it's gone), much cheaper than monostat.
  4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I am prescribed antibiotics,the dr. gives me a pill for yeast.Have nto tried the herbal route,cannot afford to buy herbs.Cheaper for em to get a prescription.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was on Doxycycline for 2 1/2 years with no yeast problems. I take the Jerrodophilus sold here. It is the best probiotic I have taken. It contains several strains of "good" bacteria to balance the gut. If one is on ABX, the probiotics must be taken in between ABX doses or the ABX will kill the good bacteria as well as the bad. Cheap probiotics with only one strain of bacteria are not up to the job. Eating yogurt is OK but again, there is insufficient good bacteria in it.

Good luck to you in clearing up the infections. I do not believe we can heal until our infections are addressed. Let us know how you are doing.

Love, Mikie
  6. sslaird

sslaird New Member

thanks so much for your help. i am using the garlic and probiotic "pearls" and it seems to be helping. will finish my last (i hope) antibiotic tomorrow and add in more probiotics.