ANTIBIOTICS FOR SINUS INFECTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peking, Sep 22, 2003.

1. peking

peking New Member

I have recurring sinus infections that cannot get cleared up; have had 2 sinus surgeries. Has anyone had luck with a specific antibiotic for sinus infections? I would really appreciate any help with this!

Love,
    Deb
  2. MrsRoseFromKy

MrsRoseFromKy New Member

Hi Deb,
    I have also had a sinus surgery and in my opinion it was a waste of time
    I still get sinus infections all the time
    I take Bactrim for it and it seems to help.

Judy
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

My surgery did help -- it opened up the passages from the maxillaries and all through the ethmoids to the sphenoid. I had several cysts removed as well. I have a significantly smaller number of infections as I am able to irrigate with some purpose now. My MD has tried many antibiotics. Levaquin usually begins to work right away for me. Doxycycline is about useless. There was one called Zagam which also worked VERY quickly -- unfortunately, it made me turn bright pink and begin to itch when exposed to light, so I had to stop it.
  4. peking

peking New Member

My sinus surgeries were a waste, too. I'm on bactrim right now, but it's not helping.

Love,
    Deb
  5. Hippen

Hippen New Member

Augmentin or Azithromyacin( Z-pack) they both work well for sinus infections. Augmentin is a form of penicillin so if you are allergic to penicillin you can't use that one. Love Hippen
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know that physical blockages can cause a lot of problems, but for most of us, prevention is the most important thing. Daily flushes with sterile water and sea salt helps keep the gunk thinned out. Guaifenesin will thin the mucus. Staying away from allergens and using air filters inside help as well. If the air is too dry, a humidifier will help as long as mold is not allowed to grow in it.

Love, Mikie
  7. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

my head hurts eyes itch and water running nose head feels like a ballon he gave me emyacin its only antibody i can take feel so sick hope u feel better val
  8. peking

peking New Member

Hope you feel better, too. I am sooooooooooooooo tired of this! Nothing seems to help.

Love,
    Deb
  9. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Cytolog cleard my sinus problem 90% within 24 hours, my daughter (ill with CFS) - 2 weeks.

Could be worth a try. - Tap into a search engine for detailed info...

Olive Leaf Extract has also helped many here with chronic sinus. Tap this into search box at the top to read past posts on this one...

Love Pat.

10. LaurieEm

LaurieEm New Member

I just ordered one of the pulse-nasal-irrigation systems, which is kind of like a water-pic for your nose. I am eager to try it.

Also, I don't know how high up it reaches, but I've been amazed at how much clearer my nose is after using Xlear Nasal Wash. It's just a squeeze bottle mist. It's gotten so I'll get up out of bed at night if I realize I forgot to use it before lying down. It really reduces (excuse my gross description) the morning hockey-puck of phlegm in the back my throat. I think I got Xlear here at immunesupport.
  11. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I've been given Levaquin and it seems to work pretty well. Sometimes I'm not sure though if it is a sinus infection, allergies or headaches caused from neck pain that travels to the face and eyes. Have had a severe headache for two weeks lately and a few days on antibiotics seems to be helping, so guess it is an infection, but not all of the pain is disappearing.