Antibiotics made my gutt better??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Mar 12, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I got antibiotics for my chronic sinuses. It did only a little for my sinuses, but the weird thing is it cleared my gutt. My chronic IBS (maybe it's Crohns?) calmed down although the doc. warned me it would mess it up. Hmmm,
    any input?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I was thinking Crohns or something. I will bring it up next time I see him.

Thanks!
  3. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

Hi lenasvn--A little over a year ago, I had chronic liquid diarrhea for a year. I went down to 83lb.'s, normally at that time I was 95-105lb.'s. I am only 5 feet tall but at 83lb.,s, I was very very weak and sickly looking and sick.
    All the lab work, stool tests, colonoscopy, lower GI with small bowel follow through--ALL showed nothing. I had to chew my medicine because I was eliminating those as well. I actually saw a vicodinES(large tablet) in the toilet. Ironically I went to the urgent care for a UTI, I knew the symptoms. I had E-Coli, go figure. They put me on Ciipro and my chronic liquid diarrhea was also cured. Now I call the labs around here GENERIC LABS. Then I had the diarrhea again from Aug.-Dec. I got the flu(first one in years)in Dec. 2005, I vomitted a few times, vomitting is very rare for me, and lo and behold my diarrhea went away. Someone said to me that I probably vomitted up the bug. From now on if I go through this again and can afford it, I will go to a doc who works with Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratories.
    Good Luck to you and hugs,
    AbbeyMae
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I'm doing the garlic. I had IBS since I was small, small. It have never really not been part of my life. I have good weeks, and flare ups. This "cure" was no mistake, I could tell it was happening with the antibiotic. Oh, well!
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I found out about a condition called SIBO. It is treated with antibiotics. I guess those interested can browse the internet for it.

"IBS and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)

There is a striking similarity between the symptoms of IBS and a condition known as small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)."
  6. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

That is why alot of the new medicine like prilosec has becoome so popular It's my understanding it has an antibiotic.