Antibiotics?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mai, Aug 17, 2005.

1. mai

mai New Member

Hi! How many people were on antibiotics in a relatively 'close' period to having first 'F.M.' symptoms?

(Just musing!) Thanks! Mai Xxx :)
  2. PVFS

PVFS New Member

Hi,

10 weeks ago I went to the doctor. I had inflammed throat/tontsils, glands on left side were a bit sore & swollen and I felt like shit. She guessed it might be an infection and prescribed amoxcillan which I took(the first medication I have taken in years as I dont like taking stuff). I wasn't getting any better so I went to another doctor in the clinic who seemed to think I had glandular fever but told me to finish of the amoxcillan anyhow. He sent me for a full blood count and a glandular fever screen. The results were satisfactory/viral infection and negative on the glandular fever. In between the visit and going for the blood test I began to feel better and under the impression that i had glandular fever I start back doing exercise. Two days latter I started to feel fatigued and the following days my appetite wasn't great either. I only work 3 hrs a day and now I am finding that to much. The glands on my neck are not sore anymore and the redness in my throat in all but gone(tontsils on the left side a bit red) but I still feel fatigued and not a great appetite. I am not sure if I have post viral fatigue or something even more serious and i am going back to the docter this afternoon to get another blood test and hopefully a sick note.

Can anybody relate to this story?

Regards

Martin in Glasgow