Antibotic treatment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aussie_21, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Aussie_21

Aussie_21 New Member

Hi I have CFS/fibro...My specailist has started me on anti botics to treat any bacteria that may be contributing to my symptoms. I'm on Doxycycline...Has anyone tried anti botic treatments and how did they go?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was on Doxycycline for 2 1/2 years for a mycoplasma infection. The protocol is six months straight on the Doxy and then try to go off of it for two weeks and back on for six weeks. If you cannot stay off for the two weeks without symptoms' returning, go back on it and try later. You can go to Dr. Garth Nicolson's website, Immed, and find a lot of info on using ABX to treat mycoplasma infections.

Be sure to take a really good probiotic and keep taking it even after you are off the ABX. Probiotics protect against Leaky Gut Syndrome and need to be supplemented after about the age of 35. They are an absolute necessity when taking ABX. I take the Jarro-Dophilus sold here and it is the best probiotic I have used. Others like the Primal Defense. The acidophilus sold cheaply at healthfood stores isn't adequate nor is eating yogurt.

Good luck to you. Did your doc tell you that you might feel fluish and then have a Herxheimer response to the Doxy? When you Herx, your body purges dead pathogens through profuse sweating, diarrhea from hell, and possibly, vomiting. These are indications that the ABX has killed off a massive number of bacteria.

Love, Mikie
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

been used for Lyme...

Victoria