Antidepressants or Muscle Relaxers??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Which have helped you more?
  2. Treca

Treca New Member

the muscle relaxers have helped me. I will be starting Wellbutrin in a few days so I'll have to wait and see how it works for me.

Treca :)
  3. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Empower...

I am not sure I could choose. I am on Cymbalta 60mg. It has helped me with my overall sense of well being. I can handle it all better with it.

The Flexaril helps with the pain and the spasms in the neck and shoulders especially. I use it more for "break through" pain. I can take it up to 3x's daily but I don't dare drive my kids around on it. Because of that, I tend to use my Lidocaine patches during the day and my Flexaril in the evenings.

I need and use both daily. If I accidently fall asleep before I take the Cymbalta...I REALLY hate life the next day. I have to take Lunesta to sleep so this is a rare occurance though.

jenni

4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Honestly I wouldn't give up either of mine. I miss just one day of the day time meds even the night time meds don't work. I try not to take my soma during the day cause that will relax me and put me right to sleep but i do take my davecet during the day. and i'm on two different anti depressents and thinking i might need a third for the depression. I would say take what works for you and if you need both then take both....SueF
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I would like more info on the Flexaril as my neck is the main problem right now-back in a flare after doing OK for a few weeks.

Anne Cromwell
  6. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I say, go for what ever helps!!! i take Zoloft, Xanax and my doctor just had me start Flexeril for pain and spasms(which I only take at night) during the day I take ibuprofin- what ever helps- the pain can be hurtful and make you miserable.. My worst pain seems to be in my neck, shoulders and elbows in the back. But times I have it the knees and hips. Uggh

jan
  7. ohmygoodness

ohmygoodness New Member

I took Flex as needed for 6 years now.

I can't take it during the day.

The cumulative taking of it makes me tired. It's only 10mg.

When I take it at night it does the job of giving me sleep, but in the am I am groggy. with only 10mg.

I am trying Lyrica now and am not groggy in the am and sleep well at night. 75 mg.

Hope this helps!
  8. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

O take both Soma (muscle relaxant) and Trazadone (anti depressant) Don' t know if it's psychological or not, but I can't get adequate sleep unless I take them both.
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

care of a different thing.Linda
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Will I have just started therapy since going to the rheumy and having this mess for over 20 years and just dxed. Generic Flexeril 10 mg. at night did not help by itselff but now i am taking Clonazepam 0.5 mg also at night and I seem to sleep better ( so far) and not have to get up many times to go to the bathroom !!

I have FM and CMP mostly in the neck and shoulders butlots of aches everywhere but that is the worst.

Blessings,