Antidepressent Pain Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherrieTeacup, Sep 1, 2008.

1. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

Could someone please tell me about what they take with ultracet. What antidepressent can you take with it.
  2. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

What doctor checked your vit- D They say my thyroid is fine
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

Ultram ( tramadol ) for pain and Cymbalta as an antidepressant.

I have Fibromyalgia
  4. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

How much ultracet and cymbalta do you take? And you don,t have any problem taking both i was told you could not take antidepressent with ultracet because it has antidepressent properties in it too.
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I only took it for about a month, but I took it along with Lexapro. No problems.
  6. jmq

jmq New Member

I have been on both for over a year. I am taking 30 mg of Cymbalta a day and depending on the pain, I take up about 300mg of tramadol a day ( on a bad day ). Both have seratonin so you do have to watch out...but I have two drs. who agree with me taking the combo.

Hope this helps you alittle

7. hensue

hensue New Member

Lot of people cannot take this antidepressant. If you get through the first two months. You can take it. He said it would be fine i could take it all day if i wanted. I take it once in the morning it takes the edge off. I dont know how to explain that. If i did not have my wellbutrin for pain i have the pain from head to toe every where. I would have jumped in a river or hooked up to a morphine pump. that is how bad it is.
    The wellbutrin sr mask my pain as long as i dont overdo.
    It has masked it so well i did not know i had two broken ribs.
    I dont know if it was that my doc says i dont know the difference between pains there is so much.
    I know 2 difference since i have started some h ll headaches.
    Also i am sure you all have urinary tract problem when you have a flair. Pain meds. dont get rid of that since there is no inflammation. I have found klonopin small amount valuim.
    your not going to believe this one sounds gross.
    Insert flax seed oil in the vagina. sounds gross but it helps so much. i guess that is more than you wanted to know.
    i have seen that on here so many times for uti . Also bladder spasms.
    Anyway the only thing that got me though wellbutrin was valuim. It gets you so revved up you go into a flare and your anxiety level goes up. once it all levels out about 2 or three months. it is great it also gives you energy.
    I take the wellbutrin sr 150 in morning. also at 2 in afternoon. not any later. to much at one time gives you a flare. the one around the clock doesnt let me sleep.
    So hope that helps.
  8. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

My Ultracet said Tramadol HUL- Acetaminophen but doesn,t say any mg. How many pain pills it that for you ? Have you gained weight on the cymbalta.