antifungal cream for nail fungus....working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lumediluna, Aug 13, 2004.

1. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

Just wanted to share a product that I got that has FINALLY worked (knock on wood) for a nail fungus that I have had. The fungus is on my middle finger and has been there for over a year. I have been trying all kinds of products....herbal stuff.....vapor rub, U name it, I did it. I am trying things before having to do lamasil - I mean EVERYTHING!

It is called Tineacide (an antifungal cream). I got it at a local drug store. So far so good. My nail is finally growing out healthy. Just apply it 2 times a day. I keep it by my bed so I won't forget. I actually apply it more because I wash my hands so much.
    Just wanted to share a good product for fungus.
  2. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

Thanks for the info. I have a stubborn nail that just won't give up that last little bit of discoloration. I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks,
    Kris
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are so right about vinegar! It has many, many beneficial uses.

I use the 'Bragg's' all natural Apple Cider Vinegar. It is remarkable on insect bits, spider bits, etc.

Thanks for your post about the nail fungus, I do not get that, but if I do I will sure try the vinegar.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

a while back that she got rid of stubborn nail fugus by
    applying oil of oregano to her nails - breaking the caps open and swabbing the oil on nails. You can buy O of O
    at Wal Mart in the sections where vitamins & supplements are sold.
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I obtained tea tree oil from my local health food store and it completely cleared up a fungus I had on 2 toenails. I had to apply it 2 times a day and it took about 6 months to go away. Debi
  6. lynnie46

lynnie46 New Member

Hi:
    THanks for the info. I have the same thing on my big toe. I was going to try a perscription cream, but my insurance wouldn't pay unless I took a pill. I don't want to do that because of all the medication I'm on - I also have MS - so, I'll try this!

One question - I also have a black spot under the toenail. Does anyone else have this? Sould I be concerend?
    Thanks -
    Lynn
  7. achy

achy New Member

I remember a post not so long ago about nail fungus and seem to remember a lot of us having it.

I've been using tee tree oil and it really works...for a lot of stuff. antiseptic, anti bacterial, and great for flea, tick and mosquito repellant.

And vinegar...I wouldn't be surprised it it cures some cancers...great stuff.

Warm fuzzies
    Achy

P.S. get some Avon skin so soft, lavendar oil, tee tree oil.
    mix 2 part avon to 1 part tt oil & lavendar & put in spray bottle. no fleas on dogs, and they smell nice! No skeeters on me.I have asthma and MCS...it doesn't bother me.
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

How long did it take before the Tineacide started to help--noticeably, I mean?

I've tried just about everything on a stubborn toenail, but I've never heard of this product. Thanks for the hint.
  9. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

I noticed the cream working....you have to be consistant with it. My nail just started growing healthy - it is still there, but it is a slow thing to clear up I hear.
    I tried the tea-tree oil but not the oregano stuff. will keep that in mind...thanks.
  10. sunnywey

sunnywey New Member

If you have a green nail, just dip it in laundry bleach 2ce a day for a week, and wait til it grows out. I have got rid of it many times.
    Now - the fungus on my toes is not as easy. I have tried some of your ideas, but haven't been consistant enough.
    I will try again.
  11. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I've had problems with my toenails for a few years now. I went to a foot doctor and she told me older people usually have a problem with it, but in a younger person (I'm 47) it usually indicates a compromised immune system.

Hey, isn't that a lot of what our problems are? I'm going to try the cream. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm so embarrassed for anyone to see my feet. I wear polish on my toes all the time so the nail doesn't look so bad,but the skin around it doesn't look good.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was excited to see a line across my nails where new healthy pink nails were growing in after I had been using my zapper.

To me, this is strong evidence that zapper do work.

Love, Mikie
  13. monicacat

monicacat Member

----------------
    Quote:
    One question - I also have a black spot under the toenail. Does anyone else have this? Sould I be concerend?
    Thanks -
    Lynn
    ----------------

I think you need to see a dermatologist. Black spots under the nails can be a sign of skin cancer. I don't want to scare you, because it's probably not, but you really need to have this checked out.

Monicacat
  14. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I've had nail fungus on several toes for the past few years. I learned a while ago that by applying Vicks Vaporub on the nail two times a day, it will kill the fungus. I haven't been so dedicated as that, but one of my toenails seems to be getting better. I can see the half-moon at the bottom of my nail.

Interesting question about the link between FM and nail fungus. Seems to me I started getting nail fungus about the same time I believe I got FM.

Nancy
  15. Bambi

Bambi New Member

else, but I had it on my second toe
    and nothing worked. I took clear nail
    polish and daily I painted the nail on top, under the nail as much as I
    could and even on the skin all around
    the nail. It cleared up completely..
    my idea was to deprive it of oxygen
    and maybe that's what did it?
  16. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I got some "NonyX nail gel",that will remove the yellow nail color . Someone posted about that. Also I got "Fungi Nail" and it kills the fungal infection. I thought this might help somone.
    Shirley
    [This Message was Edited on 03/24/2006]