Antifungal Results?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fatiguee, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Fatiguee

Fatiguee Member

I was hit with CFS a couple of years ago after taking medication that caused severe bowel problems. At the time I did not make the connection though. I was so sick then that I was bedridden and I only managed to pull myself out of it when I switched to a super-strict candida diet.

I'm still horribly sick, but at least I'm up and walking around. I finally found a decent doctor and I've had a stool test that shows high levels of candida and dividing candida so I was hopeful that antifungals might help me.

I've been taking Diflucan 200mg per day along with Nystatin for 2 weeks but I have to say that I have not had any results good or bad at this point.

Do you think I should have seen some sort of result by now? It seems like in 2 weeks I should have felt worse or better at least slightly.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2011]
  2. lukro

lukro Member

My body didn't do well on diflucan. The two things that helped me the most w/ fungus were diet and heavy-duty probiotics. Also, it took time to heal so be patient.

And, because you feel worse might not be a bad thing because of the die-off factor.
  3. place

place New Member

I feel great when I take it once a week. My fibro fog is gone within an hour! And If I am in a foul mood for no reason, I take one, and I feel chipper within several hours. its so weird. But I love it!
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Virgin coconut oil worked really well for me in getting rid of candida. And it worked almost right away - I had a very strong herx (die-off) reaction within a day or two. If you try it, start with one tablespoon a day and work up to two. It's amazingly effective. Also you do need a good probiotic.

I don't any have any experience with diflucan or nystatin so can't help there, although it would seem you should have had some sort of reaction by now.