Antioxidant treatment flare CFS symptoms ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mellimom, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mellimom

Mellimom New Member

Has anyone experienced a flare in CFS symptoms (ie: sore throat, dull headache, feeling of getting sick - general CFS crud) when beginning any therapy that reduces antioxidant stress?

I am unsure if my flare in symptoms every time I try increase antioxidants is a good thing or a bad thing. Should I push through it or stop? Am I experiencing a release of toxins that will decrease with time? Or is it just going to make me sicker until I address the underlying cause?

Anybody else experience a flare in symptoms as they try to reduce antioxidant stress?
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I subscribe to Dr. Cheney's research. And surprisingly, his patients do not do well on antioxidants. And in the Omega fats, he thinks we do best with a good olive oil.

He likes at least 50% raw diet with digestive the best you can.

In the winter I am able to get some good frozen veggies and eat them alot...cooked
    gently on the stove instead of the raw (salads).

Also no fructose which is in alot of bakery, cracker and fruit. He says it ties up the "free
    energy". I think I have felt that after eating fruit.

He advocates B-12 (sold here the Extreme one). He takes 10,000mcgs a day himself (but not the sublingual type..injection ones). I take the sub. and I think they help too.

Hope something helps!

3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Antioxidants are always a good thing. Many toxins get stored in fat tissue, so even losing weight can make you feel very bad. Take it slowly. Toxins can overload the liver and kidneys.

Lots of fiber, Dr. Mark Hyman says that 50 grams is an optimal amount...but if you live on raw veggies like Dr. Oz showed one time. Yes...that's about 50 grams of fiber. Fiber absorbs many toxins and chloresterol from the hepato-entero loop.

The complaint about sore throat, headache is interesting...this could be due to Sleep Apnea. It wouldn't hurt to look up the symptoms. Airborne allergies could be the culprit too. I use the NielMed Nasal Wash (baking soda and salt) and rinse out allergens daily. It's better than a NettiPot since the gentle pressure reaches the upper part of the sinuses.