Antique glass collectors help me please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I changed my bio pic, you should see a clear crystal candle holder. I still see Missy so I hope it updated.
    Does anyone reconize this pattern or maker.

I have knowledge about dishes but haven't seen this one- Thanks-Carla
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Check this out on EBAY. They are pretty close in looks.

Vintage Crystal New Martinsville Candle Holders

ITEM: 230178170969

Right now, the price is pretty low for these items.

[This Message was Edited on 10/10/2007]
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I know I spelled your name wrong darn it. Wow those look identical EXCEPT mine the base is plain.

I have googled imagines all day but not knowing the maker makes it hard. Thank you so much. I did do ebay but missed these somehow.

I paid 50 cents for it at a yard sale while carting my dogs. I work for a antique dealer and hoped she would buy them from me. She thought they might be cambridge or Fostoria (from a pic I emailed) but no luck. So thanks for looking-Carla
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Well, you certainly got your money's worth! Do you have pair or just the single candelabra?

I am on a mission now to figure out what they are. I know I've seen them before. My exhusband and I used to go to every antique store, specialty shop and flea market for Fire King and Open Rose Pink Mayfair dishes.

5. laceymae

laceymae New Member

different subject here, but
    did you have to shelter in place this morning? Was watching the news and they had somthing that went on in Greenup at the CSX railroad and had a SIP for a few hours.

Hope all is well,
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

My mother collected depression dishes, she had over 1500 peices. My daughter has the majority of it. Then I kept a few larger peices like jars, pitchers, ect.

Have you been to my website? I take depression plates and put them in my stained glass peices, it's my signature thing. Google Carla's Stained Glass, then go to the bottom of the page and click on Carla's pictures.

Is Mayfair the only one you collect? How many peices do you have? Thanks again for your help. I haven't had any luck on finding a identical match yet. Carla
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

I forgot I only have one candle holder.

Lacey, no I wasn't part of the shelter. I live closer to Louisa, 3 miles from the refinery at 23 and 64. Carla
  8. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Hubby works at the refinery almost all the time. He is a pipefitter.

I thought u were in Greenup instead of Boyd. oh well...
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2007]
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

My boss seems to think it is Cambridge or Fostoria, she said Martinsville was only in business for about 5 years and was bought out buy them. It is very rare to find a true Martinsville.

I will look at her books tomorrow, she has hundreds of ref books. I'll let you know what I find. Thank you for all your help- Carla
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Fostoria when I was a kid. Cups and saucers and desert plates. She would have friends over for bridge and then serve coffee and her homemade pie.

She also had Haviland china and sterling silver. The silver she bought during the depression for $5 a place setting.

What does a knife go for now? $100?

Saw a fellow on the Antiques Show recently who had all sorts of plates and vases and what not. He said his home looked like a "badly-run museum".

Nothing crazier than collectors.

11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I dont know who the maker is, but it is really beautiful. I love it. What a bargain you got.

[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2007]
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks, I looked threw dozens of books at work yesterday and nothing. I'll give it a try-thanks Carla