Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Nov 7, 2009.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

any word on which antiretrovirals they are trying first? i know AZT was counted out..

i wish someone would tell desperate people which one they can try...not all of us can wait years. some of us are at a very advanced stage and have nothing to lose.

2. romalaw

romalaw Member

I find the suggestion that taking otc nsaids to treat XMRV interesting. I am wondering if the reason some of us find that taking corticosteroids help is more about their anti inflammtory properties than the supposed adrenal support. Wonder if anyone has explored that connection.

Sue, are you still on valcyte?

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2009]

3. denis321

denis321 New Member

In fact, Dr. Coffin said during the CFSAC meeting that AZT was originally found to be effective against XMLV which is a mouse leukemia virus but then was used for HIV.

The Reno Gazette Journal had some recent articles about the WPI. What I remember is that there is at least one big pharmaceutical company which is already interested in screening HIV meds to see if any have an effect on XMRV.
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

yes i am still on valcyte...probably created a resistant strain of HHV6 by now...

i am in a living hell.

when i stopped valcyte long ago things got worse....but its hard to imagine them being worse than this.
  5. Ales

Ales New Member

I remember reading in some article that assessed the possibility of curing undesirable effects of infecting humans in the process of gene therapy in which MLV is used as a vector. If I remember well amprenavir (Lexiva) was found to be most effective MLV protease inhibitor.