Antiviral

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by csl521, Mar 14, 2007.

1. csl521

csl521 New Member

Has anyone been on one? I was recently prescribed amantadine..... wondering about experiences with it, did it help or not, side effects etc???

THANKS!!
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I thought that was used for MS as well.

I am on Nexavir transdermal gel which is an antiviral recommended by Dr. Cheney and others. I like it. No herxing.

Good luck with whatever antiviral you choose. I believe this is a viral illness.

CherylSue
  3. galileo

galileo New Member

Without specifics who can answer your question? Don't take that wrong. But amantadine is a treatment for what they found to be a virus that causes manic-depression. I forget the virus, but it is good for that. But if you have EBV or other viruses, then you should really check out some of the other threads here, like the valcyte threads, i am on that, but used to do alot of famvir and valtrex. I researched amantadine and found a paper about it, and I wish I could remember the name of that virus, but my memeory is till giving me fits.

Serge
  4. sophiekk

sophiekk New Member

I was on it for several months with no improvement. It also gave me nastly muscle cramps (a listed side effect). But everyone is different, of course :)
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Please read the thread called

Dr. Susan Levine

by Roge.

I wrote a post on my Amantadine experience/knowledge, and there are some other mentions on the thread as well.

Best, Lisa

6. clerty

clerty New Member

Rheumy doc prescribe anti virals