Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wyogals, Jan 20, 2012.

1. wyogals

wyogals New Member

New to this method of communicating, but open minded! Diagnosed over 20 years ago with CFS. Recently went to Holtorf Clinic in Torrance, CA. Prescribed among other things (holistic to conventional) Valtrex. Curious about anyone's experience. First Doc who has connected dots between repeated bouts of EBV, as well as CMV...
    Guardedly hopeful, but watchful. Many thanks, Startracker in Wyoming
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you found us. My doc and I didn't know which Herpes Family Virus I probably had. I took Famvir, and later, Acyclovir, for 1 1/2 years, pulsing off and on. Then, I took the transfer factors sold here in the store. TF's are much more potent than AV's and really helped me. In fact, I opened the capsules and sprinkled the powder under my tongue in small amounts until I could tolerate them. They are so effective in causing dieoff of viruses that the body cannot purge the dead viruses fast enough in the beginning; hence, the slow start. If you go to the store here and look up transfer factors, you can read about them.

There is a general, nontargeted TF but it is the targeted ones which really do the job. If you call the 1-800 number for the store, the operator can tell you which viruses each one targets. The formulas have changed a bit since I took them. The link to Transfer Factor 100 is

From there, you can check the details on Transfer Factor 200. We have a Transfer Factor Board but there isn't much traffic there. If you ask about the AV's and TF's on our Fibromyalgia/CFIDS board, you will likely get more responses.

There is some controversy over whether one should take both AV's and TF's at the same time. I took the TF's after I stopped the AV's and they still caused big killoffs of the lingering viruses. Good luck to you.BR>

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2012]
  3. wyogals

wyogals New Member

Bless you for the response...more later, Startracker