anxiety and alcohol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bojo, Dec 26, 2002.

1. bojo

bojo New Member

Hello there everyone. I was wandering who has problems with anxiety? Im sure everyone does,any way i finally woke up, everytime i drink my anxiety and my moods get out of control. I shouldnt drink anyway since im on medications,which arnt doing me any good any way. I dont know how to cope with my emotions any more,i feel like im fight ing with myself and im not sure what im fighting with. I get angry over the stupid things and not sure how to control it.anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

If you're having trouble coping with your emotions, my suggestion would be to find a good therapist. This illness can cause us to have many emotions - anger, grief, depression, anxiety. Talking with someone can help. Be sure you find someone who is knowledgeable about fibromyalgia and understands it. I find that when I get depressed about this DD, I go to my therapist and she helps me sort things out. I hope you find someone who can help you!

Good luck!

Annette2
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I use to be able to drink a lot of wine in a sitting or anything else I wanted, now physically it just does not taste good anymore. Once in a while, usually when we go out to dinner I have one glass of wine, frequently it tastes way too vinegary or sour or something, just does not taste the same. Rarely do I enjoy it anymore, I did go with a girlfriend about a month & a half or 2 mo ago & we met at Red Lobster in the lounge at like 1 pm and we had an appetizer for lunch and wine all afternoon, it was great, just like the old days when I could just sit around & talk girltalk for hours but I did get really depressed that night & was crying, bitching at my hubby. I know it was the wine and it just is not the same, not worth it.

Jaci
  4. Rumpsonfire

Rumpsonfire New Member

I never thought that it was actually anxiety that I feel when I drink, but thats it! I used to be able to drink and just laugh everything off and just go along with the croud. Now, I always end up getting an attitude with my boyfriend (we live together)
    and then he gets pissed at me. I am not able to drink much anymore either. I don't know if its because I just don't drink much anymore, or the medicine that is making me a cheap date with no tolarance. However, beer tastes better than ever now.

Amanda's Rumpsonfire
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Also, Klonopin is very good at diminishing anxiety of an unknow source, but it is important to find out through therapy whether someing in one's life is adding to or causing the anxiety.

Love, Mikie