ANXIETY attack

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pOMegranate, Aug 20, 2008.

1. pOMegranate

pOMegranate New Member

Hi everyone,

I am suppressing a LOT of anxiety right now.
    Which is causing me to feel MORE anxious.

I had a really hard crash abt. 5 days ago.

I am feeling better than THEN, but, still shaky.
    I had a body healing session yesterday [unblocking energy meridians] and that may be bringing More out ? or there are enough other things that could be triggering this too.

I am going to make a concrete list of *causes*.
    I am going to call a help line.
    I am going to breathe deeply in and out.

I welcome love & support.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Know what your going thru and it sucks big time.
    I to had a hard crash about 6 days ago and have been having anxiety to.

Went to my chrio and it got worse but seems to be easing off some.

Found the best thing for me is to go with it and not to fight it. You are doing good with the deep breaths. If you can make a list maybe next time you will know things to avoid...

just give yourself some time know that you will get thru this and be ok.

Big hugs and hope this supports you
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Anxiety attacks really bite!
    I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time.

Just know that I do UNDERSTAND where you are coming from and I am sending you lots and lots of warm fuzzy hugs through the computer screen! I wish anyway!

Is there something that brought this about? I hope you are okay. I am here for you, I'll be praying for you tonight.

Your friend,
  4. pOMegranate

pOMegranate New Member

it feels comforting to be reminded that i WILL get thru this.

that you know what i'm facing from your own exp.s

and to rec'v the love & support.

ai, yi, YI.

rough couple of weeks!
  5. jole

jole Member

Hi hon~ I usually post on the chit chat board, but saw your post here and had to answer it. I have really bad anxiety attacks also.....

My daughter's wedding shower/bachelorette(sp) party was last Saturday, and I was doing okay at first, then suddenly everything closed in on me and I knew I had to get out of there fast...the sweating, shaking, fear, etc. hit so hard and fast....

I managed to leave and sit in the car, cried like a baby, took a Xanax and finally calmed down enough to sneak back in after an hour and sit by the door to the entrance where no one saw me.

Afterwards, I slipped out without being seen. The next day I felt like such a total failure as a mother that I could hardly cope. It took until today (5 days later) to finally convince myself that it wasn't my fault.

My biggest fear now is that I won't be able to make it through her wedding...and am having anxiety attacks just thinking about it!

I am so sorry for you.....Xanax helps me, but doesn't stop them completely. Are you on anything for them? Have you talked to your doc?

I wish you all the best, and hope you feel better soon.

Love ****Jole****
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Is awful, mine is so much worse since CFS. I am afraid to go places, plan things etc.

I do take xanax which helps but I think I need to up my dosage from 1/4 mg to .05 3x a day but I don't. Antidepressants seemed to make my anxiety worse so what to do, they have helped so many.

When I am crashing the anxiety is much worse.

All I can do is relate to what you are going through but have no answers.

My daughter lives in FL has been there 13 years I have only been once to see her just afraid to travel because of anxiety. FEAR, DOOM, GLOOM, CRYING, and feeling I am insane seems to control me. I hate it.

Sending you Love and Support,

7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I had these anxiety attacks in the past. I accidentally stumbled on something that stopped them. I have terrible insomnia and was trying different sleep meds.

When I tried Restoril the next day I felt much calmer and the anxiety stopped. Restoril is in the benzo family but much less problems. I took the lowest dose.

Another thing that helped was deep breathing exercises.

Hope you feel better soon...

[This Message was Edited on 08/21/2008]
  8. terrimaguire

terrimaguire New Member

Dear pOMegranate,

I love you and support you! I, too, suffer from panic disorder. I had a major panic attack last Friday. I've been having panic attacks for 18 years, but thought I had it under control with 150 mg. of Effexor XR and .5 mg Xanax each day. I still had a few panic attacks here and there, but nothing I couldn't talk myself down from -- until Friday.

I recently have been experiencing numbness in my right foot. I didn't know what the numbness was at the time, plus I was anxiously anticipating having some injections for FMS. My daughter (of whom I'm very close to) is getting ready to move out and into her college dorm. I attribute all these factors to the worst panic attack I have ever had.

During the attack, I was completely convinced that I was either having a stroke or a seizure. It came upon me so danged fast, and I just couldn't get hold of it, before it got too bad. To my begging, my daughter called 911, because I was completely paralyzed, could not move any of my extremeties, was shaking like a leaf and had slurring speech. It was truly awful. I was sure this was the real thing.

Luckily, before the attack got super bad, I was able to take .5 mg Xanax and by the time the paramedics got here, I was a bit better. They took me to the hospital to make sure and by the time I got to the hospital, I was still shaking, but finally convinced that I was not having a stroke.

I am with you in heart and spirit, pOMegranate. In 18 years of having these episodes, I have only had to go to the hospital one other time, so truly, this was a bad one. If I have another one, even a "lite" one, my doctor is going to increase the Effexor XR.

You are not alone. I feel for you. Sometimes it helps to know that others can relate to what you're going through. I think this support message board is such a great tool.

I wish you joy in your quest for peace and good health.

9. clerty

clerty New Member

I take them to but I had a really bad one last week and It was due to me herxing it was hellish this might have been brought on as you said by unblocking your body perhaps this is a good sign that healing is taking place.