anxiety attacks?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by ameyers6, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ameyers6

ameyers6 New Member

just recently i believe i had a panic attack for the first time im a 29 male and out of no where i was dizzy and felt like electric was in my head was hard to breathe but then it past and i had a stomach ache
    now if i think about what happened it starts again but i control myself till it passes
    could this be a panic attack a walk in clinic dr thinks so ...
    is that normal to feel like a tingling or electric feeling..
    and why do the attacks come for no reason after 29 years
    yes i do feel like something bad is gonna happen when i start to feel

the trigger is when i start thinking about when it first happened
    first time it happened i was smoking a joint of fake pot aka :pourpori: synthetic
    i did have a seizure 13 years ago and have been on dilantin every since but all dr's and ER said it is not a seizure

seen DR today he said the it was high blood pressure and mild anxiety does this sound right to you guys
    i was on atenol for blood pressure and he added benicar to that and said problem would go away when the blood pressure stables

when my attacks start i get light headed and my head feels heavy
    how can i control myself anf make it go away any idea

NOW A MONTH AFTER WHEN I FEEL ONE COMING ON ITS LIKE MY HEAD IS UNEASY OR WOBBLY LIKE A BOBBLE HEAD IS THIS NORMAL

AND MY LEFT CHEEK SOMETIMES FEELS TINGLING NUMB AND FLUSHED

ALWAYS FEELS LIKE HAIR ON MY HEAD IS STANDING UP
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Under your other post on this. If you have any questions, why not seek a second opinion. Has the doc run any tests? EEG or MRI?

Love, Mikie
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to. No doctors though.

I wrote you a response an hour ago. It vanished. Wasn't even a puff of smoke.

Anyhoo, here's one thought. You might investigate the 12 step program
    Emotions Anonymous. It helped me in my battle against depression.

Good luck
    Rock
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

You posted on the Health Board:

"when i was 13 i had a grad maul seizure and havent had one in 14 years yes
    i take dilantin every night and no seizures
    but then i smoked syntheic weed its fake weed potpouri
    and then i got dizzy and felt lightheaded and out of it
    4 different DRs have reassured me it was not a seizure but instead a panic attack
    they prescribed me xanax but everytime i think about a seizure i start getting sick and thinking it is one..
    what to do. its like my hair starts standing up on my head and i feel weird"
    ---------

Have you been completely transparent with all doctors that you smoked potpourri, because some of these, including bath salts, are extremely dangerous and can be deadly and doctors have been warning on the news about how bad they really are. Also, because they are so relatively new, not everyone knows the extent of what they do to the brain, the long term impact, personality impact, cognitive functioning impact and more.

And from what you have written, it would appear you smoked that popurri more recently, and not 13 or 14 years ago, correct (at least that's how it appears from your post on the Health Board? If so, you may need to see a psychiatrist to go over what you used and then what this stuff does to the brain and the best way to help you. It might be that the psychiatrist wants you to work on cognitive behavorial therapy training so that you focus off the past and onto the future.

And the psychiatrist may want neuropsych testing to see how the brain is functioning, to find any deficits that may have been created due to the use of the popurri you were smoking, and to find any potential cognitive functioning problems that might have been created.

It's probably a different approach than you have taken, but it may be the approach that works.