anxiety in stomach, burning, itching...?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sissy123, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

Lately I have been itching real bad and my skin feels like it is on fire. I also feel like I am having a panic attack. My stomach feels really weird like I am about to have a nervous breakdown, but I am on buspar, neurotin, lortab, klonipin, zanaflex and gloucophage for diabetes. I feel like I need something to calm me down. I do have chronic diarehea also. I just feel like I on the verge of a break down. Any meds that could help me?
  2. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I found out I had acid reflux, went on protonix, and my "panic attacks" (for which I had been taking buspar) disappeared! I felt exactly like you are describing. I don't think the itching is related to the stomach thing, though. A lot of people here have problems with itching. I haven't seen any quick solution. I have it too, and I just use an over the counter topical anesthetic when it gets too bad.
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I also have diabetes , along with CFIDS/Fibro. I use a mixture of olive oil ad oil of lavender and rub it all over mt body afer a shower. This keeps me from itching pretty well, usually.
    I also have anxiety in my stomach. I have found that if I take Dr. Bach's "Rescue Remedy" it really helps. Rescue Remedy is a flower remedy from England that is sold in health food stores. It is not habit forming and does not make one sleepy. It has not caused any reactions for me, at all. You might want to check with your health pratitioner, as you are taking a lot of perscription meds.
    Good luck.
    Oh, have you tried meditation for anxiety? Sometmes just sitting and training the mind to be aware of the breath, as it enters and leaves the body (with a smile).,can help.
    Take care,
    Terry
  4. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

That is interesting about the acid reflux med that helped and I do know bi-feedback, meditation and relaxation techniques. Could IBS be causing the anxious feeling in my tummy? Love Sis