Anxiety issues for me...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenaw70, Dec 7, 2005.

1. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

I have developed some SEVERE anxiety issues in the past few years, and now I seem to be getting really affraid of going anywhere. I also CANNOT and WILLNOT go on car rides that get on highways. My anxiety level skyrockets out of control.

Yes, it can make someone feel like they are going insane thats for sure.

Lena
  2. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I can relate to the anxiety problems. Sometimes it takes everything I have to get myself to the grocery store. Then (sounds silly, I'm sure), but making decisions about what to buy is trying at times. Christmastime increases my anxiety because I get ideas about things to do/make but then apathy or whatever sets in and I don't do much of anything. I did make a carrot cake yesterday. Yeah!
    I guess all we can do is keep on trying.
    Hugs,
    Val
  3. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

are you taking anything for these issues? If not make an appt. with your doc ASAP, especially with the Holidays & all. I sometimes go through periods that I cannot even face going to the grocery store because of all the people, noise,etc. I'm taking Ativan for anxiety it works pretty well, but I liked Valium alot better, I think that had a longer lasting effect than the Ativan does, talk to your doc! If you are on meds for this already get something different it's not working if you're still feeling this way, & it's becoming worse. Best Wishes
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Try SAMe its sold on this site made by ProHealth. Ive been on it for 4 years same brand and its wonderful. It was recommended by the medical doctor. If you are on anti-depressants though you better ask your doctor if its OK. I have never been on antidepressants. SAMe is used for Mood, Liver and Joints. I was very irritable at the beginning of my illness and I was put on neurontin 300 mg a day and SAMe. I take 400 mg a day of SAMe. You can take 800 mg if you want in the beginning. So 400mg in am and 400 mg in pm. It sure calms my nerves I couldnt live without it. Good luck.
  5. Risk

Risk New Member

HI. My heart goes out to all of you. I've had panic attacks in the past, but since my husband walked out on me one month ago after over 22 years of marriage they have been horrible. To top it off, I'm in early menopause. (offically diagnosed at 44, I'm 46 now). So, my hormones are all over the place. I do take hormone replacement. Anyway, I have been on a major crying jag, so my dr. upped my zoloft to 50 mgs. and my klonopin to 1 mg. However, since my husband announced this week that he no longer loves me and doesn't want to come back, the anxiety is intensified. Even the klonopin isn't working. I get the tingling/burning down my arms, back and neck. I feel like doom is about to strike. Haven't had much of an appetite and even my fibro is a mess. I've had my heart checked more times than I care to count. All tests, lab work, ekgs, stress tests, echo were normal.

I'm at a loss. I can be fine for awhile, and bam! it hits again. It's to the point where I don't want to go out either. Or, if I have to, I get what I need and come right back home. I've never been like this. I'm so afraid of having a panic attack in public that I've been staying put.

Please, any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you all for listening and being there. No one understands it unless they are going through it.

Rene
  6. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

has worked wonders for me.

I have been on it for years.

It has helped me SOOOOO much!!!

peach
  7. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi Sue. Just read your post. I've been seeing a psychologist. This panic/anxiety issue has only gotten bad for me since my husband decided to leave me. Also, my hormone are out of wack and I've been under so much stress so I know that it's all related. Normally, I have no trouble going out. Just when that feeling hits, there's no safer place than home. I'm sure we can all relate. Anyway, I appreciate your response. And yes, I do take klonopin, and I'm up to 1mg a day. It's hard when you've lived for someone for almost 23 years and they decide they don't want to be married anymore. Plus, I have one daughter who's already in college (away) and my other is leaving in the fall. It's a big life change for me, coupled with the fibro and everythine else.

Thanks for caring.

Rene
  8. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi again. I just replied to your other post. I know. My own famly doctor tells me that I need time to grieve. It's like a death, but the person is still around. I need to heal both physically and mentally. It's amazing what stress can do to our bodies.

Thanks for being so sweet and caring. I know that someday there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and my life will get better.

Thank you again for caring.

Hugs,
    Rene
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

Lena just want to let you know you're not alone with this. The past year I just don't like to drive on the highway at all. I'm fine on the smaller roads but the highway gives me the creeps. I'm not so bad yet that I avoid it but I just feel like I'm gonna jump right out of my skin. I think it is a form of agoraphobia - it's so wide and open out there.

I think it started with a bad experience for me. A truck carrying a load of lumber lost part of its load and I had to do some really fancy driving to avoid an accident. Now I find myself very nervous on the highway. I think too the more we avoid this situation the worse it gets. I force myself to go out and do it. I dont want to get to the point where I cant go any place.

I am in menopause and I think the hormones play a big role in this as well.

(((((((Hugs)))))))
    Michelle