Anxiety level so high locked doors and turned off phones!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Aug 26, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I am going crazy my son cannot go to work because of his social phobia so husband gets mad at me hangs up phone. Wife calls yelling I dont know what to do for him?
    It is breaking my heart and I know this is not the place to discuss just wanted to vent.

Hope I did the right thing clicked off all phones.

all it does is kick my fibro into overdrive
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

So sorry to hear this has happened and you are having all this to
    deal with today. vent anytime

Did the anxiety you were having lessen when you locked the doors and turned
    off all the phones?

Sorry your husband isn't being more supportive.

Do you take anything for pain for your fibro?

Gentle hugs and prayers for you and your son and family,
    Keep us posted please, Pansy
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I guess it helped some I finally turned my phones on when my daughter in law emailed and said my son had left nc and was in South Carolina. His social phobia she told him to get out and he just leaves no money or nothing.

He panicks so she tells him to come back and spend the night only.

I do not know what to do for my son. He is on cymbalta and zoloft during the day and trazadone at night. It seems to be very hard to control or get a grip on. He has been on every thing in the world.

He does not want to lose his little girl 8 months and his wife. I can see where it is killing her.
    She has tried very hard.

Today he tells me he is going to try and drive a truck otr he hasnt gotten a bite yet.
    He says at least he would be by himself after about 6 weeks and then he would be fine.

I am just trying to encourage him and tell him it will be ok. I also pray a lot!!
    He does not want to lose his family.

No the anxiety did not go away and i only slept about 5 hours and I am shaking today but hoping and praying he will be ok.

Still a wreck but less than yesterday.
  4. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

first gentle hugs for you.

I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Does your son's doctor know the meds aren't working?

Please remember to take care of yourself too.

keep us posted okay.

Gentle hugs special for you, Pansy

5. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Hensue - I too have suffered from severe panic attacks and social phobia in the past. This may be out of line, but have you thought of perhaps a mental health admission? It sounds to me that he may need to be admitted to get his medications adjusted so he can be stabilized.

You know, if he will not go himself, and you think he is a danger to himself or others, you can have him involuntarily committed. Call your local hospital if you feel he is in danger.
  6. dannybex

dannybex Member

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm wondering if his diet has been checked? Some people react with severe anxiety to artificial sweetners like Nutrasweet, or artificial colors or flavors (like MSG -- which is very stimulating).

Some people and their kids swear by the Feingold Diet for ADD, ADHD, and austism-spectrum disorders. Also sometimes a candida infection or overgrowth can cause severe anxiety.

Your statement caught my attention:

"all it does is kick my fibro into overdrive"

If that isn't proof of a mind-body connection, I don't know what is. :)

Wishing you better days Hensue,