Anxiety Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaybienweb, Sep 24, 2002.

1. jaybienweb

jaybienweb New Member

Hi,
    I have been diagnosed with CFIDS. Does anyone have any advice on anxiety/panic attacks & has anyone tried buspar?

Thank you.
  2. jaybienweb

jaybienweb New Member

Hi,
    I have been diagnosed with CFIDS. Does anyone have any advice on anxiety/panic attacks & has anyone tried buspar?

Thank you.
  3. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I have anxiety/panic disorder..I tried Buspar about 16yrs ago..It didn't help me, but that does not mean it will not help you..As far as my anxiety and panic, Xanax seems to help me the most..Been on Xanax for almost 10yrs and still on the same dosage as when I started..
    Take Care........Best of Luck............Donna
  4. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

It makes me sleepy and gives me head zaps and sweats. I, too take xanax as needed, a very small dose, and it does the trick without side effects when taken infrequently.
  5. jaybienweb

jaybienweb New Member

Thanks for the replies!

Quick question:
    What dosage seems to help you?
  6. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

.25 mg of xanax as needed, if it doesn't take care of my anxiety, I'll take another .25mg and that will last into the next day.
  7. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have taken Xanax for many years--I take it daily. Don't increase the dose unless really stressed out. I have MVPS and this causes adrenaline rush--the Xanax takes the edge off. I take 2/ 0.25mg daily in divided doses. I have found that Bach's Rescue Remedy calms me down too--just a couple drops in a glass of water. I also have some agoraphobia and doctor wanted me to take Paxil---I said "no way"!
    Tania
  8. alomasp

alomasp New Member

buspar did nothing for me. been on xanax 6 yrs. it has been a life safer for me,also if not mistaken they work faster in your system. i know it does for me. good luck.
    alomasp
  9. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I tried Buspar and it did nothing for me. I use Xanax sparingly. Good luck.

Hippo