Anxiety spikes/insomnia/adrenaline

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JohnBee, Jun 19, 2006.

1. JohnBee

JohnBee New Member

Has anyone with FMS had their adrenaline production lab tested? Have heard some people say it helps to know if their body was producing too much adrenaline. How is it checked, and what do you do with the results? My anxiety and depression and insomnia spiked way up last week with no seeming triggers. Pain in the stomach, worry, the usual stuff. High anxiety without triggers is pretty wierd and uncomfortable. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you, John Bee
  2. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

His was very high, so he has to see a Endo Doc.
    It is done with a 24 hour urine collection.
    They send you a jug home, You have to collect it in 24 hrs. excactly. After disgarding the fist morning urine.
    I'm doing it right now, the jug with acid in it <be very cautious> and then, when I turn it in, they'll give me one with no acid in it! We'll see.....
    Hope you get your answers too, very soon!
    Hope you feel better.
    Everything you've mentioned, I've had for years....NO FUN!
    Hugz, Karen
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

tested. Excess stress, can cause excess cortisol to be produced which can cause problems.

There is a supplement called Seriphos, also called Phosphorylated Serine that helps with the stress response. You can do a google search on it. Holy Basil is another good supplement to try. Kava, valerian and rhodiola are all used to help with stress.

Hope this helps!