any advice and prayers please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by minkanyrose, Jan 18, 2007.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I have fibromyalgia, and I am a christian my delelima is that People don't understand why I miss so much church and don't go so I am feeling guilty because I can't attend but once a month if that.

I go to counceling for ptsd, domestic abuse and dealing with life with disability. I have got into some financial binds and call my church which I have been a member of for 10 years 5 of those years I was active in everything anyway the secretary who has been a good friend of mine said that I need to be in church and that the counceling I am in is no match for what God can do for me and the people in church can do more for me that any mental health facility can do.

I want to be in church I just can't do it all the time. I get so drained in service and fibro fog just sets in so bad. I don't doubt that God can help me but I don't think it matters if I am there every thime the doors are open.

Am I just not pushing myself hard enough or is it normal for me to be missing so much church and I don't feel like they understand just what I go through with this dd and think I will do better if I was in church.
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

It sounds like you are caught in a kind of cross fire. Personally I say you do and go and accomplish what you can, and what you can't, you have to let go.

I regret the secretary has all the answers to everything. I personally would avoid her if possible.
  3. 143alan

143alan New Member

You know what, you're in the same dilema a lot of us find ourselves in when it comes to church. Hey, I've even read posts from preachers' wives who have had to stop going to church almost all together because of FM and other conditions like yours.

I can't say that's why I stopped. I stopped a few years ago because I was active in everything and caught up in the more you do, the more they want you to do syndrome. Then I did something I hadn't been doing. I started listening to God, and remarkably he started one at a time telling me different things in the church to give up. Of course you can't convince most of the churchgoing population that what God's leading you to do is a little more important than what THEY think you should be doing. I went from being the most popular person in the church and my phone ringing off the hook, to people not even talking to me in church or otherwise and being totally snubbed because I had the nerve to follow God instead of them. Well, it was really hard and I cried many times over the struggle to be obediant, not knowing what his plan was. Listening to him taught me a lot of wonderful things and he prepared me for a move to another state that I knew nothing about and had not plans to do. I'm glad he did what he did.

Be brave, remember it's about the relationship not the religion! I'll keep you in my prayers and know that it's OK if you can't go, because no, they don't understand what you're going through. God does and he's always there when whether anyone else is or not.

Take Care
    Nancy
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

You sound so much like me in what you are asking. I think we all want to go to church and miss not being there. There are just times we can not do it. I don't know if the people at my church understand why I can not do more either, but it is not for them to decide it is for God. He knows you do the best you can and you are right you can praise and worship God right from your home.

When we feel well enough we go when we don't we stay home and trust me God understands.

I am so sorry you have to deal with domestic abuse as well. I have been there too, it is not fun. You will be in my prayers

God Bless you

Kgangel
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I went through the same thing,not being able to go to church, because of this fibro.
    Now that I feel alittle better I probably could go once in awhile,but I shy away because I don"t want to be made feel gulity when I don"t feel good enough to go.
    so I have my own relationship with God, and watch many different sevices on t.v..
    and I feel very close to God. and know he loves me.
    I read christian books and listen to gospel,and testifiy to all the great things God has done in my life every chance I get.
    and feel I have helped lead people to Jesus, so I think thats what God wants me to do,and at last I feel good about it.
    Blessings sixtyslady