any advise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunslickie, Apr 24, 2003.

1. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

my doctor has precribed discolfenic for my pain but a few people said i should not be on it as it is only for anyone with artritis and not fibro does anyone no of this and i am taking the wrong thing? i was on c/opromaxal but they were sicking me would be glad of some advise sunslickie in belfast
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Welcome to the board....this is not a med I am familiar with...and looked it up on the web. I found this.

Why is this medication prescribed?

Diclofenac is used to relieve the pain, tenderness, inflammation (swelling), and stiffness caused by arthritis and gout. It also is used to relieve other pain, including menstrual pain and pain after surgery or childbirth.

It seems that this fits in with drugs sometimes prescribed here in the US like Vioxx....which are great it you have an inflammatory condition (like arthritis, etc.) that coincides with FM. But would not be my choice of a pain reliever. You might ask your doctor about Ultram (tramadol) or an opiod type of pain reliever, if you have no inflammatory conditions.

Best wishes,
    LL

[This Message was Edited on 04/25/2003]
  3. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I took Dicoflenac. My rheumy put me on it to try it out. There were days it worked and days it didn't. It seems some days my muscles are what hurt so intensely. For those days, it did nothing for muscular pain. It worked great on bad joint days though.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2003]
  4. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

thanks for replying i am going to go to doctors and get something else as i have no inflamation as i just have the pain honestly do you no what these doctors are giving us? i will let you no how i get on sunslickie thanks
  5. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

thank you vickie i will ask him for them and i will let you no i really love this board as everyone is so friendly love sun