Any American Idol fans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tandy, Feb 20, 2007.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

We use to chat about the show a long time ago here.

It was fun. (for me :)
    So,.. Did anyone start watching this season of AI?

It should get more interesting now that they're down to the top 24.
    Is this the week that we start voting?

2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I always say that I won't be into it this year...say that every year and every year it sucks me in haha :)

I hope this year is good. I have watched it a bit this season but I normally don't get into it unitl now when they are down to the final 24. For me that is when the show actually starts.

Hope it is good this year! Not sure if they start voting off this week or not?? I am guessing so but I am not sure.

Take Care,
    Pam :)
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have been watching it all the time, I am starting to stomache Simon.

Love to all, Ann
  4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I don't mind Simon. Sometimes he is a bit too mean and it is sometimes very unecessary but most of the time I think he is right and is telling the truth.

I think they were right about Randy though...he does seem like he is being tougher this year. Not as nice as usual.

Tonight I wasn't wowed by any of the guys. Last season as soon as Chris Daughtry sang I was wowed and the season before that when Bo Bice sang I was wowed. This year not yet.

I did like Blake and both Chris' others were good too.

Hope the girls are good tomorrow night. Maybe a girl will stand out from the crowd.

What did you all think?

5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'M WITH YOU. I wasn't even slightly wowed by the guys who sang tonight. it seemed to me as if they were all just trying to play it safe. The were singing flat---LOTS of flat notes. The men's performances reminded me of a limp piece of spaghetti . BLAH!

I agree, let's hope the women sing better tomorrow night.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I must agree :)
    I was thinking the same thing last night,...
    wheres all the good guys!?? Not one of them stood out or really moved me.
    The only one I thought was pretty good
    (Nothing special) was that one kid with the spiked up hair who bee-bops. I thought his voice was good and he looks great for a newcomer to the pop/rock scene of this generation.
    Lets see how the girls do tonight.
    I thought that girl Baily that they let go should have stayed. She as really good!! her cuteness helps too.
    Oh well
  7. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

You are so right. I was wondering what happened to all the really good people. I said the same thing to my mom last night about how I thought they cut a lot of better people including that girl Baily. She was clearly much better than the other two girls that she was in a group with.

I also liked Blake (the bee-bop guy). He by no means wowed me but like you said he has a good voice and a good look.

Hope the girls are better tonight too :)

8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I liked Nick the best and voted for Nick, Blake, and Phil (bald guy) and the Chris who had the bushy curly hair. Eventually I want to settle on one person and just vote for them like I did for Elliott Yamin last year.

Love Elliott and his CD comes out on 3/20. He wrote part of the songs and they are really good.

I think Elliott Yamin is the best ever person to come from American Idol, besides Kelly Clarkson.

Take care,
  9. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

None of the guys last night wowed me though. I like the guy with the spikey hair and the last one.

I don't have a problem with Simon. I think he tells it like it is, and if they want to be in the business they have to learn to take it and toughen up.
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

I really liked 4-5 of em tonight!
    One being the last one who sang. Lakeesha????
    She is awsome!
    That girl with the last name Doolittle was good too!
    who could forget that last name. lol

I forgot who else I liked.??
    I got their numbers written down so I can vote right now.
    here it is,...
    I got #1, #4,#9,#12
    yup,... I vote for em all!!
    till it gets to the end,...
    then I'll play fair and vote for one person only~

Night everyone~
    Thanks for the AI chat :)
    tomorrow we see who goes home,
  11. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Wow the girls really showed up the boys tonight. A bunch of them were really good. Lakisha really finished off the show. She did great.

I liked 6 of the girls. I wrote down 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12. Those were the ones I liked.

Have you all heard of the Dial Idol website? They measure the phone lines and predict who has the most votes for the week and who will be in the bottom three. Last year every week it showed that Taylor had the most votes and he won the whole thing so they are pretty accurate.

On their website tonight Lakisha has by far the most votes. But that Antonella girl who tried out with her best friend is in 3rd place. I don't agree with that at all. She did pretty bad tonight. Crazy that people are voting her in 3rd.

Anyhow, good show tonight. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Pam :)
  12. JLH

JLH New Member

ME! I'M ONE! lol

I've been watching, as I always do, but don't know anyone's names yet! I have to write them down to remember! LOL

I think 3 or 4 of the ladies were GREAT tonight!

13. dononagin

dononagin New Member

the girls beat the pants off those boys this season! Theres 3 or 4 of the girls that are going to be awesome!
  14. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

What talent and emotion she puts across. And I like her personality also. Seems very sweet and humble and has a wonderful speaking voice too.

It's going to be a fun time watching these ladies compete because there are about 4-5 who want this very much and they see they're going to have to put out big time. I'm seeing the guys all fall by the wayside as the ladies shine.
  15. tandy

tandy New Member

I agree,... that Antenella did'nt do good at all!!
    she was in my bottom 3.
    how in heck did she pull off 2nd or 3rd place!
    thats crazy if true.

I think Fantasia is on the show tonight.??
    4 go home :(

Have a good night everyone~