any bad dehydration?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homesheba, Oct 13, 2006.

1. homesheba

homesheba New Member

it seems i am going to er lately with bad dehydration
    and kidney infections
    and i drink all the time, you know
    .. water and cokes and that stuff,
    ha ha!!
    but i cant take in as much as i seem to loose.
    is this part of the fibro,
    or is it just me?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Dehydration is so part of FM!

As i had only fluids in preparation for surgery, the hunger made me drink quite a bit before the big day. Despite this I was so dehydrated the nurse was chocked!

I remember weighing myself late in the evening before going to bed (had to stop drinking 10 PM), and then in the morning around 7AM- i had lost 6 1/2 punds of fluid!!!

Dr Cheney speaks about this issue with our DD, can't remember which article.
  3. NO1NOS

NO1NOS New Member

Sorry to here ur trip to er for dehyd,, i 2 drink alot water d/pepsi-if pain under control.
    if my fms, c-4567 herniated disc's (surgery may 6) HASNT SEEMED 2 HELP AS OF YET they were replaced and plate etc,,,

but i have gone to the er at least 1x 2-3 months for dehyd. brake through pain fibro flare ups, abdominal pain?? B/friend and i both work 4 ambulance so we call dispatch to send a unit when i get to bad to ride in car, so in a 20-30 min amb. ride they start a bag of fluid,for hydration, glucose from not eating (pain=0 food 4 me), and at most can give is 20mg of ms=morphine with bairly touches the pain,

get to er n docs know me and hx, so another bag fluids and start 2-4mg of dilated every 20 min, and still 10 pain,.,
    so tired of pain,, meds,,, flare ups,, bed ridden,, meds not working,,, anxiety depress,,attacks, 2many 2 name,

was admitted end of sept for pain control, and unknown abd pain they were more comfortable with the meds lowerd pain to 7 at times roller coaster pain up n down they gave me 6mg dilated every 1-2 hrs..

when d/c from hosp, went straight to my dr, looked felt like s$^$, pretty funny, lost 13 lbs, no shower, majr meds, no wereing off so talken to him body was saying 'HEY ITS TIME FOR MEDS AND PAIN JUST DROP ME TO FLOOR HE WAS SPEECHLES I ASKED 4 A PILLOW, AND TO DO SOMETING FOR 24 HR PAIN CONTROL ER, AND ME ARE GETIING TIRED OF SEEING EACH OTHER UR MY DR DO SOMETHING OR ILL GET ANOTHER ONE HES MY 3RD SO DONT BOTHER ME IF NOT HELPING THEN C YA SO HE STARTED 4 OTHER MEDS ON TOP OF THE 7-8 I ALREADY TAKE
    oops soo sorry forgot caps was on hurts the eyes, head i cringing now looken at it try and revise later hands gettn knumb,

so i did not no fm caused dehydration.... wow

hope ur feeling better when i cant eat drink cause of pain i drink Boost drinks ones with protein or weithg gain depend on what need at time

GOD BLESS BEST WISHES

feeling a fibro crash comen on scared wanna post ?? about it ,,l8tr thou

all my best to my fm/cfs friends and other ailments..yuky

no1nos.............sorry ramble up at 1230a great way start day w.b so tired later happens alot fall asleep anywere daytime due to pm up,,,, 2p appt w.daught HAVE 2 NAP PRIOR OR wont be able to function

cya for now get well ya all
    ttfn
  4. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i have all of that and abdominal pain and all, but when i go to er they dont adress the abdominal pain hardly and just give me fluids and take blood,
    last time they said my white count was fine
    but i dint believe it cause i have too much going on heath wise..
    . man, i am so very sorry for you both.
    and also about diet pepsi-
    i drink diet cokes, does that add to pain?
    how can i get them to help me?
    this cannot be normal dehydrating all the time..
    . i also have crohns and hep c
    and other stuff.and lots of my bowels are gone.
    plus they only gave me a bag and almost a half of fluid!!!! thats nothing! and i am at a country hosp- nt like its packed or anything...
  5. homesheba

homesheba New Member

thank you lots. i am stopping diet cokes in fact i have noticed my stomach hurting after drinking one and a cuppa coffie!!!
    man, what a mess. thank you all.
  6. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i am right now having a cuppa earl grey and trying to also cut back on sweet and low.
    what else do you put in tea? would reg sugar be better?
  7. Amslave

Amslave New Member

I can tell that i am normally dehydrated because of my skin ans lips.
    Will this cause Kidney pain?
  8. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I think dehydration is key in this DD. My body does not rehydrate correctly and I drink tons of water:) I think when someone gets this piece of the puzzle figured out we will be close to a cure for this DD.
    Take care,
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2006]